I Love You

Time Skip: one year

*Edward's POV*

It's been about a year now since I woke up from my coma. I've been kind of down since (Y/N) left us. I missed her so much. I wanted to go to her old house and find her but I thought of a better idea. Al and I were going to get our bodies back first and then surprise her. Now here we are. I took a deep breathe and looked at Alphonse. His short blonde hair was blowing in the wind. He smiled and gave me thumbs up. 

I felt for the small object in my pocket and found it at the very bottom. I brought my fist up to the door and stopped. I looked back at Al and he gave me a questionable look. Once he realized that I was scared he sighed and walked up to me. 

"You'll be fine." He said. I looked down at the floor. I was so scared. I hadn't seen her for over a year and I was going to do something that she could easily say no to. "I-I don't know Al. What if she says no?" I asked him, shaking from fear of being rejected by the girl that had stolen my heart. "You'll be fine. You have been waiting for this moment for a year Ed. Now you have the chance to!" He said. I gulped and looked at Alphonse with pleading eyes. "Do you want me to talk to her for you?" He asked. I smiled and nodded. Al sighed.

"Tell her to meet me at the beautiful park down the road." I said. Al smiled and nodded. I thanked him and then ran as fast as I could to the park.

*(Y/N)'s POV*

I heard a light knock on my door. 'Who could that be?' I wondered as I tried my hands. I walked over to the door and opened it. There stood a boy that looked a little younger than me with blonde hair and broad shoulders. 

"Hello. May I help you with something?" I asked him. He looked at me with sparkling eyes and a huge smiled on his face. It was a little weird but I just brushed it off and waited for him to answer. "Hi." He responded with a smile on his face. His voice sounded a little familiar. "What's your name?" I asked him, breaking the awkward silence. "My name is Alphonse. Alphonse Elric." He said. My eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat. I stared at him in shock for a couple of seconds and then I ran and gave him a huge hug, bursting into tears in the process. 

"You got your body back!" I exclaimed as I sobbed happily. A couple of tears escaped his eyes and he nodded. "Yeah! Ed and I were able to get our bodies back." He said. Once he mentioned Edward I began to look around frantically for him. 

'Where's Ed?" I asked.  "Oh, he's at the park. He's waiting for you there." Al said. I ran back into my house and grabbed my coat as quickly as possible. I ran out and then looked back at Al. "Are you coming?" I asked him as I hopped up and down. "I'll stay here." He called out with a huge smile on his face. I began to tear up at the sight of finally seeing him smile. I nodded and told him that he could wait for us in my house. I then ran as fast as I could down the road.

Once I got there I looked around to see the familiar golden haired boy that I fell in love with. I couldn't see him. Where was he? "Ed!" I yelled. I looked around and listened very carefully. I could hear the faint sound of my name get called. I ran toward the sound of my name and ran as fast as I could. There he was. His hair was in his braid and he was tall. He was tall! His dream had finally come true! 

He turned around and he froze. We stared at each other for a little bit. He was even more handsome than the last time I saw him. I could feel my face heat up a little bit and a couple of tears escaped my eye. He had his arm and leg. I screamed his name and ran to him. He spread his arms out and I jumped into them without hesitation. I began to cry into his chest and he held me tightly. 

"(Y/N)." He whispered with a smile. I held him tightly and then looked up at him. "I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed as I hid my face and cried. "No no no it's not your fault." He said as he held me. "Yes it is. I'm a terrible human being." I cried. He moved my hands away so he could see my face and gave me a sad smile. "You're not a terrible person. You are the most beautiful and extraordinary girl I have ever met. I love you." He said. My eyes widened at the last sentence. "Wh-what?" I asked him as I looked up at him. 

He smiled and then dropped down on one knee. "(Y/N)." He began as he pulled out a small diamond ring from his pocket. "I know we haven't even dated yet but I know for a fact that you are the one for me. You have always been there and you have made my life something beautiful. I want to spend the rest of my days with you. I want to grow old with you and have children of our own. So (Y/N) (L/N)...Will you marry me?" He asked.

I covered my mouth and cried. My face was bright red. I nodded and laughed. "Yes!" I exclaimed. His eyes widened and he looked a little shocked. "Yes! Yes! Yes!" I screamed. He then took my left hand and place the small ring on my finger. He stood up and pulled me into a kiss. I kissed him back immediately and let myself melt into his arms. I had been waiting to kiss him for so long and now it was happening. It was so magical. The sun began to go down and he held me and kissed me until the sun was almost gone.