From Rival to Partner

*(Y/N)'s POV*

I woke up in a bed in a small room. 'Where am I?' I wondered as I began to sit up on the bed. I immediately regretted sitting up and screamed as I fell back down onto the bed. A couple of seconds later a nurse walked in.

"Are you ok sweetheart?" She asked. She looked like she was in her late thirties. I nodded and tried to catch my breath. "What happened to me? And why am I here?" I asked her. She sighed and looked me in the eyes. "You were hurt during a fight. From what the golden haired boy told me you were keeping watch while he tried to get help from Colonel Mustang. He said that you were captured by Scar and that Scar injured your stomach." She said. I started to remember what happened looked at my stomach. "Honestly, I'm kind of shocked to see that you survived." She said. I looked up at her and sighed. "Where's Edward?" I asked her. "The blonde haired boy?" She asked. I nodded. "He left a while ago. He looked angry." She said. 'Why would he leave me?' I thought. She then turned and left the room. I stared at the ceiling and took a deep breath.

Two hours have past and Ed still hasn't come back. I began to get worried. What if something happened to him? Where was he? I took a deep breath and got out of the bed. I bit back a scream and stood up straight. I needed to find him but I am in no condition to find him myself. 'Did Winry leave too?' I wondered. I  walked out of the room and walked down the hallway to see if I could find her. She would have been my last choice but I didn't have anyone else so I went find her.

"Ms. (Y/N)!" One of the nurses said. I turned to her and asked, "Where is Winry?" "She is in room 208. You should be in your room." She said. I shook my head, thanked her, and walked to Winry's room. She sat on her bed and looked outside. I fought the urge to turn and walk away and I lightly knocked on the door.

"Ed?" She asked as she turned around quickly. Her smile immediately disappeared once she saw me. "Oh it's just you. What are you doing here?" She asked me with an annoying attitude. I sighed and entered the room. "I didn't give you permission to walk in." She said. I rolled my eyes. "I don't need your permission." I said. She looked away and looked out the window. "I need your help." I said. I felt like I just drank a really disgusting drink and its taste was stuck on my tongue. "With what?" She asked. "Ed and Alphonse aren't here. The nurse said that they left and it's not like Ed to leave without telling me." I told her. I could sense her annoyance and I smirked. "He wouldn't leave without telling me either." She said as she turned to face me again. I nodded and she stood up.

"May I ask you something?" She asked as she grabbed her clothes. "Sure." I said. "Why do you want my help?" She asked with an annoying smile on her face. She obviously wanted to rub the fact that I'm asking her for help in my face. I crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes. "I don't want your help. Trust me if I didn't have to ask you for help because of my dumb injury I wouldn't even think twice about leaving you behind." I said. She narrowed her eyes at me and went into the restroom to change. "Where are your clothes?" She asked me once she got out of the bathroom. "My shirt has blood all over it so I can't really wear it." I told her. She sighed and walked over to her bag and pulled out a black shirt and ripped jeans.

"Take these." She said as she threw them at me. I barely caught them and sighed. "If you get those bloody or dirty I will beat you with my wrench." She said. I chuckled. "I'd like to see you try." I said. She frowned at me and gave me an angry look. I went into the bathroom and changed into the clothes that she let me borrow. "Are you ready?" She asked as she grabbed her purse. I nodded. "Then let's go find them." She said as we left the room.