Separation

Oh my gosh guys I am so sorry for the late update! I have been really busy with school and family stuff and I haven't had a lot of time to update. I hope you guys understand. Enjoy the chapter!

peanutstar02

*Edward's POV*

We both quickly jumped out of the way of his attack. I slid across the concrete and hit the wall of a building next to me. I gasped for the air that was knocked out of me. "(Y/N)!" I yelled. At first there wasn't a response and I began to freak out. "(Y/N)!" I said with panic in my voice. "Ed!" I heard her voice. I let out a huge sigh of relief and stood up. I needed to get to her. I began to inch forward to try to find her in the cloud of smoke. I then felt a fist make contact with my face and I fell to the floor. "You will have to go through me first." I heard Scar say. I snarled at him and placed my hands onto the floor again, sending an attack his way.  He quickly jumped to the side and I took the advantage and ran over to (Y/N). 

"Ed." She said. I grabbed her wrist and ran away from Scar. "We need to get out of here." I said. She nodded and we ran to Winry and Al. "What's wro-?" "Scar." Was all I had to say. Al quickly grabbed Winry's wrist and we ran down the street. I refused to let go of (Y/N), I couldn't let her get hurt. "Follow me." Al said as he turned the corner. I as did as he said and ran as fast as I could. I looked over my shoulder and saw Scar following us. I need to contact Colonel Mustang but how? I looked around to see if I could find a phone. 

"We need to contact the Colonel." Al said. "I know." I said as I continued to look around. "There!" I said as I saw a phone far down the road. "I'll distract him." Alphonse said. I thanked him and started to run away from them. "Wait, Ed!" I heard Winry yell but I didn't turn around. We ran up to the phone and I immediately punched in the Colonel's number. "I'll keep and I out." (Y/N) said. I smiled and nodded as the phone rang. No one answered. "Shoot." I said. I punched in the number again and waited. 

"Ed!" I quickly turned around and saw Scar standing there with (Y/N) in a choke hold. He held his hand in front of her face and stared me down. My eyes widened and I dropped the phone. My shock soon turned into rage. "Let her go!" I yelled. I put my hands on the floor and sent an attack his way. He quickly dodged and shook his head. "Bad choice." He said. He put his hand on (Y/N) stomach and her eyes widened. Blood came out of her stomach and he threw her to the floor. She coughed up some blood and looked at me. "(Y/N)!" I screamed as I sent an attack his way again. He dodged it and ran towards me with his hand surrounded by the blue lightning. I quickly jumped to the right and dodged his attack. I fell onto my knees and tried to attack him again but he dodged it. He ran forward, grabbed my collar and lifted me up with the other hand. "Any last words?" He asked. I gritted my teeth, "Go die." He narrowed his eyes but before he could kill me Colonel Mustang shot Scar in the arm. He dropped me and looked back at him angrily. "Colonel!" I yelled. Scar looked at me and then ran away. I stood up and started to run after him but someone grabbed my wrist. 

"We have more important things to do." Riza Hawkeye told me as she motioned to (Y/N). She was unconscious. "(Y/N)!" I yelled as I ran up to the person holding her. "We need to get her to the hospital." He said. I nodded and turned to Colonel Mustang. "How did you find us?" I asked him. "Al called me and told me where you were." He said. 'So that's why he didn't answer the phone.' I thought. "Where's Al and Winry?" I asked. "They are in another car and they are on their way to the hospital. Winry tripped and hit her head against the phone pole and knocked herself out." He said. I nodded and he motioned towards the car. I walked over to the car and he opened the door for me. I got in and sat in silence the whole way there.

-Time Skip: one hour later-

I sat outside of (Y/N)'s room and tried to calm myself down. 'She got hurt because of me.' I thought. I sighed and place my face into my hands. "This is all my fault." I whispered. "None of this is your fault." Al said. I looked up and he sat next to me. "Don't blame yourself." He said. I looked down at the floor and sighed. "I hate him so much." I whispered angrily. He stayed silent and looked at me. "I know and I do too." He said. I stood and grabbed my coat without saying a word. "Where are you going?" He asked. "I'm going to find Scar and make him pay." I said. "You can't! The girls are still here, we can't just leave them." He said. I sighed, "I think it would be for the best. Leaving them here will keep them out of danger." I said. He didn't respond and I looked back at him. "Are you coming?" I asked him. He thought for a little bit and then stood up and nodded. We walked out of the building and headed towards the train station. 'He is going to pay for what he did to (Y/N).' I thought as we got onto the train.