Rivalry

*(Y/N)'s POV*

"Hey." I heard. I groaned and and moved a little bit in the bed. "(Y/N)." My ear tickled and I slowly opened my eyes to see Ed standing over me. I felt my face boil and I screamed. His grew wide and he jumped back. "How did you get in here?" I asked him calming myself down. "You left the door unlocked from last night." He said. After he said that my memory of last night began to creep into my head. "Oh yeah. S-sorry." I said as I sat up. "It's alright." He said with a slight blush on his cheeks. 'Wait is he... blushing?' I wondered.

"So where are we planning to go?" I asked him. "Well we are planning on going to my old house again." He said. "Oh ok. Why's that?" I asked. He scratched the back of his neck. "Well I got a call from one of my childhood friends that I grew up with and she kind of blew up because I haven't called them in months. We are going to stay there for a couple of days." He said looking a little nervous. Who is this girl? I giggled and smiled even bigger. "Alright I'll go ahead and get ready." I said. He smiled, blushing a little, and nodded, then left the room.

I stood up and stretched. I sighed and walked over to the small closet in the room and grabbed a nice dark blue shoulderless sweater and jeans. "Not to casual but not to fancy." I said with a smile on my face.

I threw on my outfit and grabbed the stuff that I needed for my stay. After a couple of minutes I walked out of my room and met up with Ed and Al in the lobby.

"Are you ready?" Al asked. I nodded and we left the hotel.

                              ·  ·  ·

It took us a while to get to the train station and to get train tickets. 'Hopefully their childhood friend can help us with the Philosophers Stone. We got onto the train and found some empty seats.

"So who is your childhood friend?" I asked them as we sat down. "Her name's Winry." Al said. My eyes widened and I plopped onto my chair. "W-Winry?" They both nodded. I slightly tightened my grip on the arm rest and smiled a little bit.

I haven't seen her in years. We used to be rivals ever since we were little kids. I used to think she was really annoying because she would always cry when she didn't get her way. And she would always get mad at me when I got something that she wanted, or if I got better stuff then she got.

"You alright (Y/N)?" Alphonse asked. I quickly smiled and laughed nervously. "Yeah I'm fine!" I said. They both exchanged glances and then shrugged. I let out a sigh of relief quietly and looked around the train.

I looked to my left and saw a little girl playing with a small doll. I smiled at the little girl and waved. She looked me way and waved back excitedly. I smiled a little more and then turned to face the front.

About two hours later we arrived at Risembool. We got off of the train and began making our way to their house. We walked in awkward silence most of the way until we could finally see a small house in the distance.

"There it is!" Al exclaimed. I gulped and sighed. 'Hopefully she won't remember me.' I silently wished as we began to come up to the steps. I heard a dog barking on the other side of the door as we approached it. Edward took a deep breath and nervously knocked on the door. He went back down the stairs and waited. Al and I did the same.

A couple of the seconda later the door opened and a young, blond girl appeared. I swallowed nervously as I almost immediately recognized her. Which might mean she will recognize me as well.

"Hey Winry! Long time no-" Ed began. He was then interrupted by a wrench hitting his face. He fell to the floor and blood started trickling down his forehead. I gasped and quickly ran to his side. "That's what you get for not calling." Winry told him. She then smiled and laughed a little bit. "Welcome back guys." She said.

I helped Edward up and we all walked into the house. "Who is that?" Winry asked Ed and Al, as she gestured to me. "Oh this is (Y/N)." Ed said with a little bit of blush forming on his face. I blushed a little and smiled shyly. "It's nice to meet you!" She exclaimed. She ran to me and gave me a hug. I stood surprised. Does she really not remember me? I laughed nervously and greeted her.

"Would you guys like to stay for a couple of days?" She asked. "Yeah that would be nice." Al said. She jumped up and down out of excitement. "Go ahead and take a seat I will make dinner for us." She said. The three if us nodded and sat on the couch as she ran to the kitchen.

"So that's Winry, huh?" I said. "Yeah she's cool." Ed said. I felt something peirce my heart but I ignored it. "This is a nice house." I said. He nodded and sighed. "Yeah. It was nice growing up here." He said. I smiled and he smiled back. His beautiful honey colored eyes stared into my (e/c) eyes and I blushed and he blushed as well.

"Hey (Y/N)?" I turned around to see Winry standing at the entrance of the living room and staring at me and Edward. "Yes?" I asked her. "Can you help me with something?" She asked. I nodded and turned to Ed. "I'll be back." He smiled and simply nodded as I stood up and walked into the kitchen with Winry. "What is it that you needed help with?" I asked her.

Her fists clench and she cornered me against the wall. My eyes widened and I felt shivers go down my spine as she stared down at me angrily. "I know exactly who you are." She said. I gulped. 'Darn it. She remembers me.' I thought. "Stay away from Edward. He's mine." She said angrily. What? 'I can't stay away from Ed and I won't stay away from him.' I thought. I narrowed my eyes at her. "No." I simply said. She grew angrier and I shoved her away from me. "You can't tell me what to do. He is my friend and I am staying with him whether you like it or not." I told her. She growled under her breath and I stormed out of the kitchen. 'This means war. She won't have Ed, I won't allow it.' I thought as I entered the living room the small living room.