Father Cornello

*(Y/N)'s POV*

We stopped at a small bar and got some drinks to quench our thirst. I got some water and Edward got juice. I gulped it down quickly and waited for Ed to finish. Everyone looked so happy in this city.

"(Y/N)." Edward said. I turned to him and blushed a tiny bit. "Yes?" I asked him. "Why did you you join the military?" He asked. I hesitated for a second. 'Should I tell him?' I wondered, 'What if he thinks that the reason is dumb?' I sighed and placed the glass cup down. "I wanted to join them so that I could possibly get a lead on the Philosophers Stone." I said shyly. He kept a straight face a nodded. "I'm looking for a Philosophers Stone too." He said. I looked up at him. 'Why would he need it? Is he one of those that wants to have as much power as he wants?' I wondered. But I didn't ask him any of those questions. He doesn't seem like the type, at least I don't think so.

"Hey! Turn on your radio! Father Cornello is about to speak!" A man said from behind me. "You guys should stay and listen." The man said. "No I don't think so we should really get going." Edward said as he began to stand up. I nodded and stood up as well and stretched. "We are kind of b-" I began but then I was cut off by the sound of Al's metal suit and something breaking. I quickly looked his way and saw pieces of a radio scattered onto the floor.

"My radio!" The man screeched. "I'm sorry. I'll fix it." Al said. He began to draw a transmutation circle and then he put his hands over the broken radio. Blue lights came out of his hand and surrounded the radio making it into a new, working radio. The people arround us stood in awe. "No way!" Someone in the crowd said. "Is it a miracle?" "Are they with Cornello?" Someone else asked. After I couple of minutes everyone began to crowd us. "Um...guys?" I asked as the three of us backed up into each other. Then the radio began to speak. All three of us let out of a sigh of relief and walked off.

"Well that was weird." I said. "Yeah." Ed responded. I looked over and saw a crowd gathering around a building. Then in the middle of the crowd a series of red flashes shown. 'There it is!' I exclaimed in my head. I began to run towards the crowd, forgetting to tell Ed and Al.

"(Y/N)! Where are you going?!" Al called out to me. I motioned them to come and they ran after me. "There." I whispered as I pointed to the big guy in the front of the crowd. "Look at his ring." I said. They both looked and smiled. "The Philosophers Stone." They said at the same time. I nodded. A couple of minutes passed and finally everyone left.

"Come on." I told them as we began to walk towards the temple. We entered the temple and looked for the man with the stone. We came to a room with a platform at the top. A girl stood at the top and saw us standing in the open area. Who was she?

"Well isn't it the Fullmetal Alchemist." A man said as he walked up to the platform. It was him. 'There!' I thought. I ran to the platform and tried to get up onto it. "What are you doing?" He asked me. I looked up and smiled. "I want that." I said as I tried to snatch his ring off of his finger. Sadly, he was able to pull his hand away at the last second and he kicked me off.

"(Y/N)!" Edward and Alphonse yelled. I fell onto the sand and groaned from pain. Edward growled and made a wave of hard sand blocks and sent them towards Cornello. He raised his hand and destroyed the attack with the stone. "Move little shrimp. I only want to get rid of the Fullmetal Alchemist." he said as he pointed to Al. "Um... I'm not the Fullmetal Alchemist." Al said in his high pitched voice. "Wait you mean the short one is the Fullmetal Alchemist?!" He exclaimed. "Don't call me short!" Ed yelled angrily as he sent an attack towards Cornello. Again he was able to destroy the attack. I backed up quickly to Al's side and watched Edward.

Cornello smiled and raised his hand again. To Edward's left stood a mix of three different animals. It licked it's lips and ran after Edward. "Ed!" I screamed. He quickly made himself a weapon and hit the animal. It came back and bit his right hand. "Edward!" I screamed. "It's alright." Alphonse said as he put his hand on my shoulder. I looked back at Edward and he stared right at the animal. "You like that? Get a good taste." He said as he threw it off of his arm. I sat in shock. It got ready to attack him again and he held his weapon tightly. It attacked and broke his weapon. He backed up and a huge bird came his way.

"Ed watch out!" I screamed as I planted my hands on the floor. I spawned a small machine gun and shot the bird down while Edward destroyed the lion thingy. Father Cornello stood in shock and began to freak out. Edward then threw his jacket off revealing a metal arm. My mouth dropped open. 'H-he...did human transmutation?!' I thought, completely shocked.

Father Cornello laughed. "I knew that they called you the Fullmetal Alchemist but I didn't think that you took it literally!" He roared. Edward growled and got ready to fight him again. I then quickly ran to the other side to get onto the platform. Then while he wasn't looking I sent a rock heading towards him and sent him flying.

"Father Cornello!" The girl screamed. Edward ran to the man and took the ring. The stone then dissolved. "What?!" He exclaimed. He threw it into the sand and looked at Cornello angrily. "Please dont hurt me! I'm useless without that stone!" He exclaimed. Edward growled left Cornello on the floor. "Come on guys." He said. We followed him outside and started to walk away. "Where's the stone?" I asked. "It was a fake." He said. My eyes widened and i tightened my fists. "What?" I asked. "It's a fake." He repeated. I tightened my fists even more and bit my lip. I began to cry silently and we continued to walked towards the exit of the city.