Goodbye for Now

*(Y/N)'s POV*

I quickly grabbed the phone and put it to my ear. "Hello?" I said in an urgent voice. "Hello? Is this (Y/N) (L/N)?" The woman asked on the other end. "Yes this is she." I said. The next two sentences that she said felt like a punch to the face. I dropped the phone and stood completely still with a shocked look on my face. 'N-no he can't be gone. I still haven't found the stone!' I thought. Tears began to stream down my face as I grabbed to phone and hung it up. That's when I lost it. I let out a loud scream as I fell onto my knees and began to cry uncontrollably.

Edward got on his knees and hugged me tightly. Winry then came from the hallway. "What happened?" She asked with a shocked look on her face. Everyone stayed silent. She looked at me and gave me a worried look. I dug my face into Ed's chest and cried my eyes out. Winry walked over to me and bent down. I moved my head and saw her standing over me. She then got on her knees and gave me a hug. I was shocked. "You don't have to tell me what happened if you don't want to. I just want you to know that everything is going to be alright." She whispered into my ear. I felt as if I had lost control of my body when I  switched over and hugged her back.

After a couple of minutes I stood up ans started to walk towards the hallway. "Where are you going?" Winry asked. "I'm going to get my stuff. I'm going to leave tomorrow." I said. "A-are you going to come back?" Ed asked. I nodded and smiled sadly at them. I went into my room and started to pack my stuff.

*Ed's POV*

I got up from the floor and went outside without saying a word. There on the porch was the rose that I had found by the bush. I picked it up and sighed. "I guess it'll have to wait." I said as I put the rose behind a pot. I turned around and walked back inside. 

"Why is she leaving?" Winry asked me once I walked in. I sighed and looked at the floor. I felt so bad for her. "Her dad past away." I explained. Winry's eyes widened and she covered her mouth. "That's horrible." She said. I nodded and she looked at the floor. "So she's going home to go to the funeral?" She asked. I nodded. "I wish we could do something about it." Al said sadly. I heard the door open and we went silent.

"Alright, i'm done packing." She said. We smiled sadly at her and we stood in the awkward silence. "I'll make dinner." Winry said as she turned towards the kitchen. "I'll help you." (Y/N) said. "No it's fine. Just go relax." Winry said with a smile. (Y/N) hesitated but then thanked her and went to her room. I followed her and stopped in front of the door. 

"I'm so sorry." I heard her whisper as she cried quietly. I knocked on the door and she went silent. "May I come in?" I asked her. She didn't respond but after a couple of seconds she opened the door. I walked in and she closed the door. 

"Are you okay?" I asked. She nodded and wiped her eyes. "Come here." I said. She looked at me, confused. I motioned for her to come and she walked up to me. I wrapped my arms around her and rubbed her head lightly and slowly. "I'm so sorry." I whispered. I could feel her shaking and then she wrapped her arms around me. She stayed silent and just shook in my arms. I didn't mind. I continued to hold her for a long time. I didn't want to let her go but I had to because dinner was ready. We slowly pulled away and we made eye contact. "It's going to be okay." I told her. She smiled sadly at me. "Thank you Edward." She said with her soft and beautiful voice. I nodded and we left the room. 

Dinner was on the table already and we sat down to eat. "We are going to miss you (Y/N)." Alphonse said. She looked at him and smiled sadly. "I'll only be gone for about a week." She said. "Yeah but still, it will be different without you." He said. "He's right." Winry smiled. (Y/N) chuckled and smiled. "Thanks guys." She said. All three of us nodded and we enjoyed our dinner.

The next morning we stood in the living room, waiting for (Y/N) to come out of her room. When she came out she smiled at us. "Looks like i'll be leaving now." She said. We nodded and she began to hug Winry and Al. She stopped in front of me and I could see the tears in her eyes. She then hugged me and I held her for as long as I could. She walked over to the door and then turned around. "Goodbye." I said. She looked at me and smiled. "Goodbye for now." She responded. 'Goodbye for now.' I smiled at the response and watched as she left the house.