Getting to Know You

*Edward's POV*

I made sure that (Y/N) was right in front of me so that I can keep an eye on her. She still seemed a little shaken up from the incident. As for me, all I could feel was anger boiling inside of me. First I found out what the Philosophers Stone is made out of and then I find that annoying homunculus trying to steal my girl. My eyes widened and I blushed a tiny bit. 'What am I thinking?! I don't even like her in that way...right?' I wondered. I felt my heart beat faster as I thought about it. Then I snapped back to reality at the sound of (Y/N)'s voice saying my name.

"Ed?" She asked. I blinked a couple of times and looked up at her. She looked so beautiful. "Ed." She said again. I shook my head. "Yeah?" I answered. "Are you okay? Your face is really red." She said. My eyes widened and I began to freak out inside. "Y-yeah I'm fine. I was just um...thinking about something and it's really hot out here so that's why my face is red." I said. She gave me a small look of concern and then she smiled slightly. "At least you're alright." She said. Her cheeks were a little rosy. Have they always been like that? I walked up the steps and lead them into the hotel.

It was empty in the lobby. I guess everyone already went to sleep. We came to our rooms and stopped. "Alright well, see you tomorrow." (Y/N) said. "Wait." I blurted out. She stopped and looked at me. I felt my face turn a tiny bit red. I wanted to be alone with her. "Would you like to come in our room for a little bit?" I asked her. "You can go to her place if you want brother. I'll be fine in our room alone." He said. If he had a body I bet he would be winking at me. I felt my face burn a little more and I turned to (Y/N). She was a little bit red in the face as well.

"Are you sure you're alright with that Al?" I asked. He nodded and I turned back to (Y/N). "May I come into your hotel room?" I asked her. The question felt so weird to ask. She nodded and we entered the room.

*(Y/N)'s POV*

My heart was racing. 'Edward is in...my room...' I thought trying to calm myself down. Then an image popped into my head and I blushed madly. 'NO!' I screamed in my head. I took a deep breath. "Nice job decorating." He said. I turned to him and smiled nervously. "Th-thanks I thought it was plain so I decided to make look lively." I said, giggling. He chuckled and walked around the room. 

I turned to my bed and took my navy blue jacket off leaving me in a plain white t-shirt. "Who's that?" I heard Ed ask. I turned around with a smile on my face. "Who ar-" I stopped once I saw Edward looking at a picture of me and my father smiling at the park.

I froze for a little bit and just stared at it. I remember that day as if it was yesterday. My dad and I were wondering around the park after school and we fed some of the ducks near the pond. He wore a black t-shirt with ripped jeans and a silver watch that was given to him from my grandmother. I held his hand as we walked through the grass and to the playground. He pushed me on the swing and I was filling the entire playground with my laughter.

I began to tear up at the memory. I needed to help him as soon as I can. I need to find that stone! He only has a couple of days left to live, maybe a week or two but no more than that. "(Y/N)? Are you alright?" Ed asked. I turned around and wiped my eyes quickly. "Yeah I-I'm fine." I replied. I then felt his arms wrap around me. I blushed and hesitantly hugged him back tightly. "You don't have to lie to me. What's wrong?" He asked as he looked me in the eyes. His honey colored eyes were full of concern. I sighed and sat on the bed. He sat beside me and was ready to listen.

"That picture was taken when I was with my dad at the park. I wanted to go after school because I was bored so he took me. We had a really good time. We would do everything together. He helped me with my homework, he made sure I was ready for the day, he fed me, and taught me how to use alchemy. He was a very cheerful man even after my mother left us, but that all changed four years ago." I gulped and a tear rolled down my cheek. "He grew sick and when we went to the hospital it was too late. They weren't able to heal him and I was desperately trying to find a way to heal him. That's when I found out about the Philosophers Stone and its power. So I told my dad and left to search for it. I thought that if I became a state alchemist that I would get a lead on where it might be. But I haven't found it yet and I'm running out of time." I said, gripping onto the covers tightly.

Edward looked at me with a coat of sadness covering his eyes. "I'm sorry to hear that." He said. I looked at him and smiled slightly. "Thanks." I said. I then remembered a question that I've been meaning to ask for a couple of months now. "What happened to your leg and arm?" I asked him. He stiffened a little but then relaxed.

"Our dad left us when we were little kids and all we had was our mother. We loved happily together and then she fell ill and...died. Al and I wanted her back since she was all that we had left so we tried human transmutation. He lost his body and I lost my leg and I sacrificed my arm for his soul. And now we are looking for the Philosophers Stone to bring our bodies back." He said. I frowned and gave him a hug. "I'm so sorry." I said. He slowly hugged me back and we sat in each others arms for a while.

I felt warm and safe in his arms. Then a someone knocked on the door. "Brother?" Al's voice said from outside of the room. "Yeah?" He replied. "Are you going to come sleep?" He asked. Ed sighed and we let go of each other.

"I'll see you in the morning." He said. I nodded and he walked towards the door. "Goodnight (Y/N)." He said. His voice was so smooth and attractive. I blushed and smiled. "Goodnight." He then walked out and closed the door behind him.