🅂🅃🄰🅁🅁🅈 🄽🄸🄶🄷🅃

The break was passing by slowly, Dahyun had decided it was best not to visit her family this time and instead stick with her friend's that didn't have the chance to go back home, either because of their budget, family problems, or simply didn't want to. However most students had already left, apart from those who took part in the squatting. Dahyun had seen Jihyo leave with Sana for Jeju, all of her friends from class take the bus back home, leaving her with Chaeyoung and Momo.

Her relationship with Chaeyoung had been improving, Dahyun admitted she had being treating her unfairly and even tried to hang out with Mina once. It was okay, though the girl felt like she was betraying Momo who had been more quiet lately, not really going out as much as she used to. She took some time to herself to figure out her feelings now that her roommate had decided to travel with her girlfriend out of the country, leaving her alone with her thoughts.

There where a lot of nights Dahyun would stay over at her dorm, eat Neoguri, and talk to the girl until the next morning. They were very close, sharing their worries while laying in the older's bed or watching something really silly that none of them liked on Netflix.

Today was one of those nights, Dahyun had knocked on Momo's door with some jokbal. The latter was delighted, devouring the whole thing in seconds and making Dahyun laugh her heart out. They had a pretty normal hang out, watched a movie, gossiped about whatever was going on in campus and around two in the morning decided to crash at Momo's room. Because even if Nayeon's room was unoccupied--and even after giving permission to Dahyun to use it--Momo insisted the younger should sleep in her bed.

Momo was fast asleep, her hair covering half of her face while her feet swayed over the edge of the bed. The brunette was a messy sleeper, Dahyun discovered, by the time she would wake up she would either be on the floor or curled up in a ball with the covers all over the place. It was rather cute and amusing to watch and most of the times helped the younger fall asleep. The way Momo slept magically transferred sleepiness from her body to Dahyun's. It sounds silly, doesn't it? It might be Momo's long and slim fingers, unintentionally tracing circles on Dahyun's arm as she squirms and softly snores in her sleep or maybe just the older's presence that calms the girl down, but it didn't matter. Dahyun was happy either way,
because of getting some proper sleep and being able to quietly chuckle at her best friend every time she would mumble nonsense in her sleep.

However, this night, Momo's sleeping habits didn't work on Dahyun who silently stared at the ceiling, unable to fall asleep. It wasn't like she wasn't tired, the girl really was, but something kept her awake. Something she couldn't quite figure out. So she decided to get up, looking out the window of Momo's room.

The girl put on her hoodie and chanted the password to the door of the dorm like a mantra in her head to prevent herself from forgetting it and eventually having to wake Momo up when coming back. She didn't really want to interfere with her sleep schedule. Not now that she had finally started to get some rest, after endless nights of staying up because of her worries.

Sighing, she moved to grab the door handle. The weather was good and the sky was finally clear and full of stars, bright and shiny, coming in contrast with the dark color of the sky at night. Dahyun would spend a lot of time as a kid on the balcony of her house, sneaking out without her parents knowing late at night to look at the stars, challenging herself to count them all in one single night. Although, she was never able to. The stars were endless, there were some big and easy to spot while the were some other, tiny, that no human could possibly see from the balcony of their house. Dahyun would usually fall asleep on the chair she was sitting while counting them, always believing that one day she would be able to count them all.

The girl walked out of the dormitory, sitting on the steps. Pulling the hood over her head, she propped her elbows against her knees and leaned her head on her hands as she glanced up at the night sky. Tonight was a starry night, the shiny spots that vary in a plethora of sizes decorated the pitch black that spilled all over town. Accompanying the moon, they provided light for the night owls, the travelers that preferred wandering around in the quietness of the night over the busyness of the day. The stars created another universe for Dahyun, one that could suck her in and let her float around in nothingness while her mind empties, gets rid of all the thoughts that weigh her down. She got lost in them for a second, wondering if shooting stars really make your wishes come true. Because if they did, she might need one. One that will grant her wish and show her the way, the way to her own heart. The path of it that has yet to be discovered, as the one of a wild forest, that you can easily get lost into and are creates curiosity that can never be helped.

"I always thought stars were small planets," a familiar voice sounded and Dahyun snapped her head to the right, her eyes meeting Momo's. "Turns out they're not."

"Yeah." the younger sighed, averting her gaze from Momo's face back to the stars. She wasn't in the mood to count them tonight.

"Why are you up? Is everything alright?" Momo asked as she stretched her legs, leisurely resting her head on Dahyun's shoulder.

"I don't know." Dahyun spoke, she really didn't.

"Is it about.." the brunette lowered her voice, looking up at Dahyun.

"No, no. It's not about him." Dahyun shook her head, staring at the moon for a while.

"Good, because I'm not in the mood for another punch." the girl slightly chuckled before falling quiet as Dahyun's breathing got a little heavier and more audible.

Can you really move on from someone you've fallen in love with?

How do you know you're truly in love?

Do you still love her? Despite what you told me some weeks ago.

Why do I feel like this?

How come I can't my mind off of you or how you're feeling, how you're really doing?

What does it mean?

Am I a coward?

Dahyun had so many questions she wanted to say out loud, but couldn't. It was frustrating to her, because she could always voice her thoughts around Momo. However, tonight she couldn't, she couldn't do it in a time in which she needed it the most and it sucked.

"Mina and Chaeyoung are dating." she suddenly said, completely of the blue and waiting for Momo to burst out crying or run away again. If she couldn't tell her what was on her mind, she might as well inform her of the latest news. Even if old, she hadn't told Momo. She was afraid of a bad reaction.

"They look good together."

"Huh?"

"I ship it," the brunette said, nuzzling into Dahyun's neck "Hopefully no one gets hurt."

"You..you're not sad?" Dahyun asked. She was expecting a stronger reaction from the older, but Momo looked calm and if Dahyun was seeing right, she was even smiling a bit.

"No, I'm not," Momo sighed "I know that based from my reaction last time it seemed like I was still in love, like I was still trying to win her back. But I've stopped doing that. I'm aware she's not good for me as a partner, even if the way she decided to end things still hurts. I don't hold a grudge against her, however I'm mad. Mad because after years she still won't talk to me about it."

"So, you're over it?" the younger asked again, forgetting the stars for a split second while looking down at Momo "Like, you..are okay?"

"Over our relationship yes, over the pain no," Momo spoke "It will take time to heal, but I think I'm ready to leave this all behind."

"Would it help if you guys talked?" Dahyun questioned, eyes searching for an answer in Momo's.

"Yes. I believe talking would be the only way to properly and completely get over this."

"You know everyone has a reason that justifies their actions, right?"

"Of course I do," Momo smiled "And I would love to hear Mina's side of the story. Blaming her for everything only made things worse for both of us."

"You sound so grown," the younger giggled, leaning her head against Momo's "How come the sudden change?"

Momo laughed as her hand patted Dahyun's back "Someone very special helped me grow," she closed her eyes "Besides, there's probably someone out there for everyone."

"I wish," Dahyun mumbled "I guess mine is too far away."

"I believe mine is really close," Momo smiled, sitting up from the steps "Maybe even next to me..hypothetically speaking." she lastly said, squeezing Dahyun's shoulder and making her way inside.