🄷🄰🅃🄴

Dahyun groaned, moving her hands to her head as her mother continued talking for what seemed like the nth hour. Thankfully, she was drugged and couldn't really feel the pain from the burns all over her body or else she would probably snap.

"You're so controlling!" she retorted to her mother's lecture "You never do that with your amazing, lovable son." she mocked.

"Watch your attitude," the woman spat back "Unlike you, he isn't constantly in trouble and never puts our reputation in danger."

"You don't care I almost died, I knew that already, but I'm not even putting your precious reputation in danger. No one knows where I am!" Dahyun said, glaring at her father who sat on the chair next to her.

"The news throw your name around for days now." the woman replied, muting the TV in Dahyun's hospital room.

"How does that even affect you?" she asked "You always take care of everything. Just like you did with Jaegyu, you ignored it and it went away." Dahyun didn't like talking about him. It brought back awful memories, events she'd like to forget.

"Our enemies know your cover, they knew since the last scandal." her mother scoffed.

"But didn't that help? They found out who that Kim Dahyun student really was and dad got what he wanted," Dahyun was angry "Everyone voted for him because his poor daughter got fucking raped and her parents instead of taking her side made her feel guilty about destroying their reputation!"

"Please, don't talk like that." her father mumbled from next to her.

"I can do whatever I want, you're not my father. My parents are supposedly back in Seongnam," Dahyun spat "That's my cover, right?"

"Your cover had been blown since middle school. I don't understand why you still choose to go by it," her mother said "We're here to save you once again. Besides, you're getting discharged in a while."

"I don't need your help, if that's what you convince yourself you're doing," the girl growled "I've been always taking care of myself, I won't suddenly run to mommy and daddy because things got fucked up. I learned the hard way you'll never do anything about it anyways."

Dahyun's parents, mainly her mother, always prioritized their reputation over their children. That's why both her and her brother wanted to get away from their real life, starting a new one. A more normal one, one people their age should be living in.

"You're moving to a better dorm." Dahyun's mother ignored the comment and continued talking, heels hitting against the tiled floor of the room.

"You're not taking Jihyo and Chaeyoung away from me," the girl protested "They're the only ones that stayed despite how awful you are. They're the only ones who care even if they know who I really am."

"You're clearly not safe with them," she replied as she stood by the door, beckoning her father over "If I recall correctly, your friend's distasteful art got you in this mess."

"Leave them out of this!" Dahyun shouted "They love and protect me, like a true family. But you wouldn't understand, would you?"

"Stop being so dramatic," her mother scoffed "If you want to stay here, you change dorms. Or else, you're coming back with us and leaving this filthy place."

"I hate you."

"We've already selected a dorm," the woman raised a brow "You'll have a room all for yourself and a dormMate way below you. And for the record, she looked pathetic."

"How do you sleep at night knowing you're hated by your children?" Dahyun asked, trying to stand up but getting stopped by her father "Dad probably hates you too."

Hate was a strong word, Dahyun never used it. Though, in this case, she really meant it. Her family was a part of her that she never felt proud of even if other people with such successful parents as her own would feel the exact opposite. The girl knew they were terrible, her mother at least, who bossed everyone around and seemed to have no emotions. That's the only thing that explained her actions when Dahyun got physically abused by her classmate. She did nothing. Only blamed her for it.

"I'm just looking out for you," she said as she grabbed the door handle "You're getting out tomorrow morning, me and Lee will be here to take you to your new dorm."

"Can I at least call them?"

"No, not until you're out of here," her mother said "Most of your stuff are already there. As per my request, the girl has already put your things in place so you don't have to bother."

"So you're using her? Not much of a surprise." Dahyun rolled her eyes.

"Of course not, we gave her a little in exchange. I expect you to thank her on our behalf tomorrow," her mother smirked and opened the door "Goodnight, sweetheart. Rest well."

"Get fucking lost." the girl mumbled under her breath, enjoying the few seconds of privacy before a guard barged into the room.