🄴🅇🄿🄻🄰🄸🄽🄸🄽🄶

The moment Dahyun saw the number of the dorm she was going to be staying, she felt anxious. Normally she would get excited, happy and most definitely wouldn't trade her new roommate for anyone. However, with all the events taking place in campus the past couple of days everyone seemed a little bit disoriented, especially those affected.

Halting the wheels of her wheelchair and checking behind her back to find mister Lee with her suitcases and her mother with the most judgmental look on her face, Dahyun knocked on the door three times, like she always did, and waited as she held her breath.

The door opened revealing a girl with hair neatly worn in a bun, white tank top, blue sweatpants, and a pair of black house slippers she almost tripped over when making eye contact with Dahyun. Her eyes widened, quickly moving from the younger's wheelchair to her face and then the figures behind her as she fully opened the door.

"Dahyun?" Momo called out, standing dumbfounded by the door as the girl's mother pushed her way into the dorm, beckoning mister Lee with the luggage.

"Oh you know each other, terrific!" the woman feigned excited, glaring at her daughter's way with a look that screamed 'move'.

"Momo is my friend, if you actually cared about me you might have known." Dahyun groaned, not being able to wait for the time her mother would leave her for good and go back to her luxurious house.

"Ara Kim, don't raise your voice at me," the woman scolded "You ought to respect me. I'm your mother."

Ara Kim? Momo's brows furrowed.

"Yeah, okay," Dahyun rolled her eyes, back turned on Momo "We had a deal and I did my part. You're leaving now."

"Very well. Good day," her mother clicked her tongue, scanning the brunette from head to toe before exiting the dorm "Oh and Ara, you might want to calm your friend down. She seems upset. Maybe it's because of the news."

With a chuckle she closed the door, following mister Lee to her car, leaving Dahyun and Momo alone. The latter was now seated on her bed, eyes piercing through Dahyun's with head tilted to the side.

"Welcome home, Ara." her tone was sarcastic and the younger taken aback.

"Please don't call me that." Dahyun whimpered as she tried getting up, the burns on her legs preventing her from doing so as she stumbled back down on the wheelchair.

"According to your mother, that's your name," Momo spoke "Unless you have another, more logical explanation as to why your own mother wouldn't call you by your real name."

Great, explaining. The part Dahyun disliked the most doing. "You haven't watched the news?"

"Who the fuck watches the news? My friend just died!" the brunette spat, angry Momo was making a comeback and the younger was already terrified.

"Wait, Nayeon unnie? For real?"

"Have you been living under a rock or something?" Momo pushed herself off the bed, grabbing the bottle of soju resting on her nightstand.

"I was at the hospital, forbidden from communicating with the outside world," Dahyun replied calmly "I'm so, so sorry about Nayeon. I really am, Momo."

In Dahyun's defense, the first thing she heard of when she woke up at the hospital was her mother's annoying scream while she talked on the phone and when asked about what happened to the rest of the girls, she got no answer. 

"Forget it, Ara." she mocked again, sipping from the bottle even if it was too early to be drinking.

"Look, I can't explain things to you if you're acting like that. It's clear you don't want to hear me and I honestly don't get why act mad. Confused I get, but mad?" she herself was losing her temper. 

"Because you lied to me," Momo took a deep breath in "I thought your parents were in Seongnam and definitely not rich, cool looking, and bitchy people that pay me off to get rid of my best friend's things like I'm some looser. What is your real name anyway?"

This was the only time Dahyun had wished for her friends to watch the news so they can gain insight on who she actually was without having to explain to them and see their faces twist and opinions of her change because of her family.

"Ara Dahyun Kim," she sighed "Descendant of the Yeonan Kim Clan." Dahyun despised saying that part, it made her sound like she was privileged, more important than other's, and she didn't want it. That's what she had been trying to get away from her whole life.

Momo didn't reply, just kept sipping on her drink to distract herself from feeling sympathetic towards Dahyun's wrapped up legs. She was supposed to be mad, and really was, but the younger always managed to calm her down even when she didn't want to. 

"My father is the prime minister." she whispered a statement that was supposed to always be followed by the feeling of pride, yet Dahyun never felt that.
(A/N: Yeonan Kim Clan was an aristocratic family clan with members in high government positions during Joseon. Six members of it were prime ministers. Joseon was a dynastic kingdom lasting of five centuries)

"What?" Momo asked, her full name sounding more and more familiar as time passed "Your father is.."

"Yes," Dahyun spoke "I'm sorry for never telling you, but I have been trying to stay away from him and his power for so long. It's sickening and the things he does, they don't define me or my beliefs. I could never stand watching him fight for the wrong things and to even think my pain was the reason that gave him more power makes me despise not only myself, but him more."

The prime minister was not a good man. He supported violence, was immersed into illegal activities and prioritized the wealthy instead of the poor and the economical growth of the country. He mistreated immigrants, kicking some of them out of the country despite the conditions of their own.

"I--" the raven head buried her hands in her face "Shit."

"Huh?" Momo suddenly seemed very upset as she paced around in the room.

"In other other news, the elections are just around the corner and it has just been reported  that candidate Kim Beomseok's daughter was sexually harassed by her classmate, the son of a teacher in the school she is attending. The girl is in the eighth grade and goes by the name Kim Dahyun. Reporters have found out through anonymous recourses that her real name is Ara Dahyun Kim and has been going undercover to the school, supposedly being a student from Seongnam." the small TV sounded as Momo helped her mother set up the table for lunch.

"Do you really believe him?" the older woman said, her Kansai accent making the words of annoyance coming out from her mouth funnier "This just only proves that it's fake."

"Yeah, totally," Momo laughed "The girls a slut, she probably caused it herself." she turned off the television, taking a seat next to her mother on the floor of their very small apartment.

"Things people do for power and money these days," the woman shook her head "Don't trust these people, honey, you will always get in trouble."

"I would never get near them," Momo scoffed "And if I did, I'd make sure to humiliate them."

"I'm such a fucking idiot."