Team Work...Part 2

Ridley

Vandel quickly yanked his hood back over his head, making his way over to me in a way that can best be described only as an 'angry march'.

"Okay, this is getting fucking ridiculous," he muttered. "Is it seriously impossible for us to avoid each other whenever we break into one another's territories?"

"What are you doing here?" I whispered through gritted teeth.

Vandel shrugged. "The same as you I'm guessing."

I glanced around us to make sure no one was listening.

"You mean you're looking for the...you know what?"

Vandel rolled his eyes. "Obviously."

I supposed Vandel was the one sent to get it due to the fact that he was one of the only demons I had ever seen that could change his appearance to make himself look almost human.

"You realize you're the one who's been caught in my territory this time, right? There is nothing stopping me from capturing you right here and now."

Vandel scowled at me. "We both know you don't have time for that. We need to find the..." he lowered his voice, "Corisathium before anyone gets their hands on it. It has to be destroyed."

"Yeah it has to..." I suddenly realized what he had just said. "Wait...we? You want it destroyed too?"

"Obviously. That's what I just said."

My eyes narrowed. "I thought the demons would use if for themselves."

Vandel shook his head. "Never. Do you really think of demons so lowly sir Ridley? Do you think we just run around all day with no rules or roles or morals. Corisathium nearly tore our kingdom apart when it was still around, we want every trace of it destroyed."

"How can I believe you?" I asked slowly.

Vandel simply shrugged. "You can't."

After a moment of contemplating everything I simply sighed heavily.

"Well...if we both want the same objective...."

"We could work together," Vandel said suddenly.

I blinked. "What?"

"Think about it, we both want to find it. We both want to destroy it. Two heads are better than one. We'll find it together."

I shook my head. "I don't trust the demons to destroy it."

"Well I don't trust the humans to really do it either." We glared at each other. "How about this," Vandel said suddenly. "We find it together then flip a coin to see who gets to bring it back to our kingdom."

I thought for a moment. "Alright fine."

We both fell silent.

"So?"

"So what?"

"So what do we do now?" Vandel hissed, glancing around. "This thing could be anywhere."

"I thought maybe we could look under some chickens."

Vandel stared at me a moment.

I stared back.

Finally he spoke. "Are you fucking joking?"

"Nope."

"Ridley...why the actual fuck would it be under a chicken?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. I just thought maybe they would hide the Corisathium under them like they're eggs."