Pet

Vandel

"Can I look now," I asked, one hand covering my eyes.

"Just another minute," Ridley mumbled. There were a few thuds following that statement and a sound which I supposed was most likely Ridley stumbling into the bed. Honestly I would have peaked to see what the hell was going on but Ridley had insisted that I stand with my back turned away from him until he was dressed. From the sounds of it this endeavor was not going well.

"You almost done?" I asked. "We don't have all night."

"I...I think I might be stuck."

"Oh for the love of....Ridley let me just fucking put it on you!"

"No please don't look."

"We're going to be here for hours. I've done this before."

"You've done what now?"

"Just let me help."

"No-" I didn't let him finish before I whirled around.

Ridley had somehow managed to get himself completely tangled up in the leather straps. Despite myself I couldn't help but feel a small shiver of heat shoot through my body at how appealing the sight of the young knight restrained by the leather was. I shook my head, dismissing the thoughts of what I would have loved to do to him if that toned muscular body belonged to literally ANYONE else.

Now was not the time for that.

Ridley had brought his hands back to his face once more, hiding an extremely obvious blush.

"Don't be so modest," I said quickly, moving over to help him. "Your body is nothing to be embarrassed about. Honestly, you're too repressed. It wouldn't hurt for you to show it off." I allowed my fingers to slowly trail across his skin as I moved to adjust the straps. I could feel his skin grow warm beneath my touch and I smirked to myself. Teasing him never seemed to grow old. My gaze suddenly fell to his back. The scars there had multiplied from the last time I had seen them. My smirk faded. My hand moved to the scars, gently brushing my fingers over them.

"Did you whip yourself again?" I asked slowly.

He hesitated a beat before responding. "Yes."

I bit my lip. "Why?"

"I don't owe you an explanation."

"No, no you don't. But do you really think that's going to stop me from asking?"

"Why would you even care," he said softly.

I sucked in my breath. I shouldn't care. If anything I should think the idea of a human punishing itself was funny, so why did the thought of Ridley hurting himself make my stomach twist to knots?

"I don't care," I retorted almost too quickly. "It just makes me curious why humans do such stupid pointless things. It doesn't make sense to me why you whip yourself."

"Because I need to be punished for thinking bad things. No one else can see into my mind so only I can punish myself for my bad thoughts."

I continued to adjusts his straps as he talked. "So," I asked. "These new scars, what were they for?"

"For a lot of things. For lying to everyone about where I've been, for letting my best friend down and...and for wanting something I shouldn't want."

I arched a brow as I brought the collar to his throat. "And what is that?"

"Nothing that should concern you."

I scoffed. "You're such a tease. You give me a little insight into the weird interworking of your goody two shoes mind and then yank it away." The collar snapped into place and I took a step back to admire my handiwork. Ridley looked good, really good. I grinned. "We need a fake name for you, I was thinking Gerard."