The Wedding

Author's Note: Sharing this hilarious fanart from @sunny

Author's Note: Sharing this hilarious fanart from @sunny._.drawz on IG of what might have happened if Vandel had been present for the whole 'drunk Ridley' debacle. I absolutely love this art! As always, if anyone has fanart they'd like to share with me, my Instagram is @Captaincleanfreak :D

Ridley

Everything had fallen apart.

I paced anxiously back and forth in a small room made entirely from glass, jutting out from the wall above the ballroom. No matter how many times I tried to smash through the wall connected to the castle itself it was as if I was slamming into iron, not glass. Victoria must have put some kind of spell on it. And speaking of spells—no one below me seemed to see or hear me despite my best efforts to scream for assistance. All I could do was watch helplessly as the people occupying the ballroom prepared for the ceremony.

I buried my face in my hands, slowly sinking down with my back pressed against the glass as I desperately tried to keep thinking, to keep trying to come up with SOMETHING to get out of here.

And that's when I heard the swell of violins.

My heart nearly leapt from my chest. It couldn't be happening...no...not already.

But there was Stefan, making his way down the aisle towards the front of the ballroom. Flakes made of gold began to gently fall from the ceiling, slowly drifting down around him like snow. The string music grew louder and the crowd went dead silent as they waited in anticipation for what we all knew was beginning—the wedding.

Please, I prayed, let Annette and the others be safe. Let them find a way out.

Maybe they could still get here in time...

I couldn't lose hope.

If I lost that I'd lose everything.

And then that's when the music suddenly swelled, everyone turned, eyes wide in awe, and I saw him again.

Annette

I landed with a thud on top of Skeever and James.

"Oof!"

"SKEEVER, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GET OFF OF ME!!! I CAN'T BREATHE! YOU'RE LIKE 1,0000000 POUNDS!" James wheezed.

"Okay, that was kinda rude. I'm not that heavy-"

"I DON'T CARE!"

"It just sorta hurt my feelings is all."

"ALRIGHT, I'M SORRY! PLEASE GET OFF ME!"

I rolled off of Skeever who proceeded to shoot up, leaving poor James Andrews gasping for breath as he stumbled out of the debris and dust.

"Well, I suppose that plan could have gone a little better."

I sighed heavily, "yeah...that's one way to put it." I tried to bite back the wave of hopeless bitterness that had swept over me, thinking back on Ridley's actions.