Wedding Procession

Author's Note: Apologies for posting this week's chapter a day late, I ran into some computer issues

Author's Note: Apologies for posting this week's chapter a day late, I ran into some computer issues. Sharing this absolutely stunning piece of fanart this week from @1.800.yaoi.lover on IG. Vandel looks absolutely amazing here!!!

Ridley

"This is literally fucking bullshit," Erica muttered under her breath as the knights approached the demon palace. We were at the head of the 'wedding procession' you could say, dressed head to toe in silken white garments. Behind us were carriages containing the only human nobles who'd actually agreed to attend the wedding followed by a large golden carriage with the 'king' inside.

We were growing nearer to the castle now, the large, black glass spires looming over us.

"Honestly," Thomas piped up from beside her. "Alteria is fucking doomed. Princess Annette would've never allowed this to happen. She fought on and escaped the last time the demons tried to pull this shit. And then there's Stefan, just waltzing right into it."

"I don't know," Percival said softly. "Maybe it won't be all bad. Uh...maybe this will bring about a new era for both our people. An era of prosperity and team work and...new heroes on both sides-"

"The fuck is wrong with you Percival?" Erica snapped, cutting him off. "Why would you say that kind of shit in front of Ridley? You know demons killed his family."

Percival shrunk back. "I'm sorry...I just wanted to look on the bright side-"

"Well there isn't one. They're never going to change. That's just the way they are, and Stefan is playing directly into their hands just cause he's been seduced by some demon whore's little dick-"

"Would you shut up." I hadn't even realized I'd snapped at her, but all the knights around me had immediately gone silent. I took a deep breath, trying to play off my sudden outburst. "There's nothing we can do about this now. The king has made his decision. All we can do is continue to protect Alteria."

Erica looked like she wanted to say something more but we had arrived at the gates already. There were several demons standing silently guard, they gave us a small nod and the large doors made of thick black marble opened effortlessly as we approached.

A small series of gasps rippled through us as we entered the dimly lit hall. The demons had clearly pulled out all the stops. Figures made of smoke curled through the air above us; miniature dragons, ravens, and lions all floating over our heads as if they were real. They seemed to be directing us down the hall and I realized we were being led towards the ballroom where the demons' bloody masquerade had been held. A small shiver passed through me at the memory. The demons must be planning to have the ceremony in that room. It was oddly fitting; typical of Victoria in her usual twisted way. A demon and human would marry, giving the demons even more power in the very room the demons had slaughtered countless numbers of our people.

I glanced around, looking for any cut offs in the hallway. I needed to find a way to unsuspiciously leave this awful wedding procession in order to smuggle Annette in undetected.