Please Don't Leave Me

Author's Note: I'm going to be changing the posting day from Thursday to Friday for the final chapters

Author's Note: I'm going to be changing the posting day from Thursday to Friday for the final chapters. Sharing this utterly gorgeous fanart from @artbym.m18 on IG this week. All the detail in this picture is incredible! They both look so beautiful! 

Vandel

Finally the last thread broke.

I couldn't stay in the air anymore and I found myself falling. Luckily I was able to muster a few more flaps of my wings to land without crashing to my demise.

Not that I probably had much time left regardless.

I lay breathing heavily on the ground, my vision beginning to blur.

I heard the Bone King laugh and my gaze flickered up just in time to see him standing over me.

A smirk tugged at his lips as I saw Ridley moving, his hand reaching forward to crush me. A horrible feeling of hopeless defeat swept over me and I braced myself for what was about to come next.

"Nice try," the Bone King sneered. "Goodbye, Vandel--"

And that's when Ridley suddenly grabbed hold of the Bone King instead.

The Bone King didn't even have time to scream. His eyes bulged, horror flaring wildly within them as Ridley's hand mercilessly squeezed closed. The brittle crack of his spine rang through the air, his ribs and organs crushing in on themselves before he finally went limp.

The moment his head fell back, his body began to disintegrate.

Pale skin shattered into ash, as fine and white as powdered snow. It fluttered down around us like a gruesome snowfall, filling the air with a soft white haze.

Or perhaps the haze came from the fact that my vision had already begun to blur.

Despite my exhaustion, a huge grin spread across my face.

And as everything started to go dark and I felt my consciousness slipping, I could see Ridley beginning to change. He was rapidly returning to his normal size, the color rushing back into his face.

"You did it, Ridley!" I choked, feeling the happy sting of tears brimming my eyes. "I knew you could."

Just like all the countless times Ridley had thrown himself into danger to achieve some seemingly impossible goal...finally, I had done it too. All on my own.

I hoped he'd be proud of me.

And with that thought, the world finally slipped into darkness.

Ridley

I blinked, my vision slowly coming back into focus.

With a start, I realized I was in the chamber the Bone King had showed me.

I shook my head, a memory suddenly rushing back. I had seen him moments ago. I hadn't remembered who he was at the time, but I knew he wanted to hurt the person I loved and I had to stop him.