Two Idiots in a Bathtub

Author's Note: Thank you so much to @amelia_talpa on Instagram for this amazing Vandel art! I especially adore his shoes in this fanart, he would one hundred percent wear them!

Also! I just posted my newest BL novel on here called Demons, Witches, and Toads so if you guys would like to read a fantasy romance about a young wizard, his sassy demon boyfriend (who also happens to be a cat-boy) and his pet toad named Mister. Pumpernickel, it would mean a lot if you guys would check it out!

Ridley

Warm water gently lapped against my skin as I sunk deeper into the large porcelain bathtub we both sat in. Vandel had decided we needed to properly bathe after the events of the last few hours and had managed to sneak me through the castle (a skill we had both gotten quite good at).

I sat with my back to Vandel in the water as he ran his hands through my hair, rubbing in some kind of shampoo that smelled strongly of lavender.

My skin felt warm and flushed and I couldn't tell if it was from the bath or from how intimately we were sitting.

I felt Vandel let out a small laugh beside my ear.

"Stop fidgeting," he murmured. "How am I supposed to properly wash your hair if you can't keep still?"

"I'm not fidgeting," I mumbled.

"Yes you are! You keep squirming like a kitten that doesn't want to get washed. Relax, a little scented shampoo won't kill you. In fact, you should be thanking me. Judging from your hair, Alterian beauty practices are waaaaaaaaaay less advanced than the demon kingdoms. Once this sets in, your curls are going to look fucking gorgeous! Seriously, people are going to see you and be like 'who the fuck is that literal GOD of a man' and then I'll be like, that's my hot piece of ass and he's mine so fuck off."

I smiled despite myself, trying to ignore the flush that had crept up to my ears.

"Ah, I see. So you only like me for my body."

"You know it, sweetheart! I've been ogling that six pack of yours for years." He kissed the back of my neck sending a small shiver up my spine.

"You did not just use the word ogling unironically."

"Ha, but I did. Whatcha going to do about it, pretty boy?"

"Oh, so you think I'm pretty?" I retorted, unable to keep the smile out of my voice.

"The prettiest." Vandel leaned over, pressing a quick kiss to my cheek before he suddenly dumped a bowl of water over my head.

"WHAT THE HECK?!?! I thought we were having a moment!" I turned to glare at him, wiping the water from my eyes.

Vandel let out a snort of laughter. "I need to wash the shampoo out!"

"You could have warned me first!"