11

Hana had her hood up, keeping her head low as she walked through the streets, keeping a lookout to see if she was being followed. As a top officer, she knew when to be suspicious and if she found anyone to be following her, she'd make sure she disappeared from sight.

But other hookers or petty criminals weren't her problem.

It was Kim Namjoon.

Hana jogged across the road, not caring that she ran through puddles and she turned down a road, heading towards the house she lived in. She subtly looked around and knocked on the door. She stood in the rain for a few more minutes before hitting the door harder, until her brother came to answer the door.

"What? It's too early for a salesman!" Taehyung said opening the door, "Oh shit. Hana!"

Hana grinned and hugged her brother, "It's good to see the house is still standing,"

"Shut up, Hana," He said letting her inside, "Why didn't you bring an umbrella?"

"I didn't think it would rain," She said, taking her hoody off, "Wow. The place is tidy!"

"Again, shut up, Hana," Taehyung said, "Did you want anything to drink or eat?"

"If you're offering," She said, "I just need to grab a few things and I'll come to join you,"

Taehyung waved her away and she headed upstairs to her bedroom. She smiled slightly at how much she missed it, and grabbed a bag, stuffing some more clothes and essentials inside. Hana raided her closet in search of a jacket that she could wear in the cold weather, but it didn't look like something a hooker could wear.

There were no clothes that would be suitable as a hooker either and she sighed. She didn't have much left to wear and probably needed to go shopping. But she had no idea where to go for that sort of clothing. Hana sat on her bed and decided to ask Darcy when she got back if she was awake.

With another quick sweep of her room for makeup and other clothes, she headed back down to her brother, dropping her bag in the living room. Taehyung was in the kitchen making her cheese on toast. She smiled fondly at her brother and sat at the small breakfast bar.

"How's your job going?" He asked, "I'd like to say great, but you have bruises on your face,"

"I've had worse," Hana said, "But the person who did this is now out of the picture,"

"Uh-huh," He said looking at her, "So I can't worry that someone else will do that?"

Hana grinned, "He came worse off than me. That's for sure,"

"Still," Taehyung pouted, "Oh, I need to tell you something,"

"You have a girlfriend?"

"No,"

"A boyfriend?"

"No," Taehyung sighed, "Will you just shut up and let me talk?"

Hana giggled, "Sorry,"

"Since you gave me a lecture about studying and getting my assignments done on time," He said sliding the plate of cheese on toast to her, "I've topped all my classes, got full marks on exams and my assignments,"

"Seriously?" Hana asked, biting into her food, "Ouch. Shit, that's hot. But well done! I'm so proud of you,"

Taehyung smiled, "It wouldn't have happened if you didn't lecture me but I've finally decided what I wanted to do in law,"

"Which is what?"

"Criminal law," He said, sitting down with his own food, "Since I'm not cut out to be a cop, I thought I could help them in other ways. Represent the police force when they need it, help victims of crimes bring down the people who hurt them and help put bad guys behind bars,"

"Tae, that's amazing," Hana smiled, "Mum and dad would be so proud,"

Taehyung smiled slightly, his eyes tearing up, "Yeah, well they helped me get into law school so it's only fair that I help them out,"

"You don't have much longer until you graduate," Hana smiled and ruffled his hair, "Even though I had a job to do, I wouldn't miss it for the world. It's just a shame that they aren't here to see you graduate,"

"I know," Taehyung said, wiping his eyes free of tears, "How's the job going anyway, or are you not allowed to talk about it?"

Hana sighed, "I can't talk much about it, but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere,"

"No progress at all?" He frowned, "That doesn't seem like you,"

"I know," Hana said, "It's not an easy case. I mean, there might have been some progress, but I can't be sure until I find some evidence,"

"Well, either way," Taehyung said, "I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of it and then you can come home,"

"Yeah," Hana said quietly, "I miss being here,"

"Visit as often as you can," Taehyung said, "I need my sister back home,"

Hana smiled, "Thanks for the cheese on toast. I've been living off junk food for a while,"

"I wasn't going to say anything, but yeah. I can tell," Taehyung grinned and Hana punched him in the arm, making him laugh, "Ok, that kinda hurt,"

"I'm keeping active, so I won't put on weight and look like you,"

"Ouch. That hurt even more," Taehyung said tapping his tummy, "There's not an ounce of fat on this bod,"

"Uh-huh," Hana said, shaking her head, "Whatever. So, where are you going to get a girlfriend or boyfriend?"

Taehyung shrugged, "I don't have time for relationships. If I want to get a good job at the end of my degree, then I need to keep focus. I can't have people distract me, can I?"

Hana shrugged, "Sometimes its good to be distracted,"

"True, but I need to get a good job so I can start paying you back the money for putting me through the degree,"

"You don't need to pay me back, Tae," She said, "As long as you are happy, then I am happy. You're my baby brother and I promised mum and dad, and myself that I would look after you,"

"I know but still," He said, "I also want to prove to everyone that I can get a job without relying on what dad used to do,"

Hana smiled sadly, "Yeah. I understand but that doesn't always work. Other cops think I got this job because of who dad was,"

"But that isn't true,"

"Exactly but people won't always believe in your skills or qualifications because of that," Hana said, "You just have to be prepared with what everyone else will say about you. But, we are Kim's and we are the strongest family around and-"

"Nothing will bring us down," Taehyung said, "No matter what,"

"Exactly," Hana smiled, "Just like mum said. Now, I'm sure you offered me food and drink? And I seem to only have food,"

Taehyung tutted, "Whatever, sis. I'll make you a damn tea now then,"

A/N: A lighter chapter to the others~

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Stay weird hoes <33