77

Namjoon was trying not to scowl at how hands-on Jungkook was with Hana as they made dinner for everyone. They hadn't noticed that he was frozen at the kitchen door, fists clenched but his anger was almost blowing up. Hana was laughing at what Jungkook was whispering to her and every time Jungkook pulled her cheeks, he wanted to punch him in the face.

"You blew it," Jin whispered in Namjoon's ear making him jump, "Cop or not...you love her,"

Namjoon wanted to say something to him but Jin walked into the kitchen, moving a stool and they finally turned to see who had stepped into the kitchen. Jungkook looked up staring at Namjoon and even though he was faced with a scowl, he didn't back down. Namjoon flicked his eyes to Hana who was playing with her necklace.

"What are you making?"Jin asked, shooting a look at Namjoon, "You didn't have to cook for us,"

Hana shrugged, "It's the least I could do. After...well, you know,"

"After you lied through your teeth and made me fall for a cop?" Namjoon said, almost snapping at her.

Hana glared at him, "Apologies for wanting to find the bastard who murdered my friend in front of me. I didn't ask for you to fall in love with me and I didn't want to fall in love with the suspect. So I guess both of us got the shit end of the stick,"

Namjoon gulped, "You're lucky I won't kill you,"

Hana scoffed, "Right. I'm very lucky that you won't kill me or that you won't use your friends to do it. I've already told you good fucking luck,"

"That smells nice," Taehyung said appearing next to Namjoon and Jin's eyes went wide when he pushed Namjoon out of the way, "I've missed your cooking, sis,"

Hana nodded, "Yeah and you won't be getting any until you've done your assignment,"

"How did you know I have one?"

"Jungkook told me,"

"Jungkook!" Taehyung whined, "Why did you tell her?"

"Because I knew you weren't going to listen to me," Jungkook said, "And can you not bring me into sibling drama please?"

Namjoon scoffed, "Pathetic. Don't worry about making me food. I'd rather not eat food from people like you,"

"Who said I was cooking for you?" Hana said.

"Don't forget who's house you are in,"

"Somehow I don't think I will ever forget," Hana said, turning her back on him, "You seem to forget that I've been here for a few months,"

"And once you've closed your case, you are gone,"

"Good," Hana said, with a shrug, "Why would I want to be around people like you?"

Namjoon swallowed the lump in his throat, "After you assholes have eaten, get to my office. The sooner this stupid case is over, the sooner that disgusting bitch can go,"

"I've been called worse,"

"Yeah. My girlfriend," Namjoon snapped and he left the kitchen. But by the time he reached his office he heard someone stomping towards him. He looked up just in time to dodge a punch flying his way, "What the fuck?!"

"I am not a disgusting bitch!" Hana yelled, "I'm sorry that I hurt you and I'm sorry that I had to keep my identity a secret. I'm also sorry that you had to fall in love with a cop but why haven't you tried to understand my reasonings? If I hadn't of done that then-"

"I don't want to understand anymore," Namjoon said pushing his office door open, "I'm not one to admit my feelings and I trusted you. I told you that I loved you and that is the first time I have ever told someone that. You...Hana, you hurt me more than you think,"

"And you think that I enjoyed lying to you when I found out I loved you?" Hana said in exasperation, "I had tried to force the feelings away or even forget that I had any love towards you because you were a suspect. But...forget it," She sighed, "You don't want to hear it. I'll take my leave and finish the case. You won't see me once-"

"It's hard, Hana," Namjoon whispered, "It's hard knowing that you are a cop,"

Hana smiled bitterly, "Yeah. And it's hard for me. What kind of cop is stupid enough to fall in love with a suspect? But one who falls in love with one of the biggest mafia leaders around,"

Namjoon nodded, "And what kind of mafia leader falls in love with an undercover cop? But one who falls in love with a cop that is good at her job and can kick a grown man's ass,"

Hana sighed, "I don't know what to say, Namjoon. I've told you what-"

"Come in and close the door," He tutted, "I can't be having a conversation like this with the door open,"

Hana nodded and closed the door, walking over to the sofa. She sat down and crossed her legs, not wanting to look at Namjoon leaning on his desk. Namjoon swallowed the lump in his throat and sat down next to her.

"I..." Namjoon sighed, "I don't know what to do right now. The only reason why I agreed to help you is because of Jin. Right now, he is the only one who is seeing sense,"

"Doesn't surprise me,"

Namjoon rubbed the back of his neck, "I don't understand why I'm helping you. Your brother is right,"

"About what?"

"We are enemies,"

Hana smiled slightly, "Maybe so but right now we have a common enemy,"

"Jooheon?"

"That too," Hana said, turning her head to look at him, "I just want Wonho to be able to rest peacefully and that I'm not failing him as a friend,"

Namjoon nodded, "I understand that. If anyone of my friends were killed then I would do anything to help him,"

"I killed Hoseok,"

"Yeah, well he deserved it," Namjoon scoffed, "He beat and raped you. He took pictures and a video of that night and-"

"He did what?" Hana hissed out and Namjoon bit into his lip, "And when the fuck were you going to tell me this?"

"I wasn't," Namjoon said, "It wasn't important because he is gone and no one is going to give a shit that he is gone,"

"I care!" Hana said jumping to her feet, "I killed him and I'm not going to-"

"Did you want to tell the police what you did?" Namjoon asked, "Are you going to tell them that he beat and raped you? That you killed him for revenge or to keep his mouth shut about knowing you were a cop?"

"I...I don't know!"

Namjoon shook his head and got to his feet and put his hand on her face, "Confused, eh? Then get used to it because even though I'm helping you find your friends killer, essentially, you are helping me bring down Jooheon and would you care if I leave a trail of dead bodies?"

"I don't know," Hana whispered and closed her eyes, "Namjoon, I don't know anymore,"

Namjoon's eyes searched her face wanting more of a response and he bit into his bottom lip, swallowing the painful lump in his throat. He closed his eyes briefly and let out a shaky breath before grabbing her face tightly.

Hana's eyes shot open as Namjoon's lips slammed against hers and she couldn't help but groan into his mouth almost melting, feeling herself kiss back.