101

The amber liquid sitting in Namjoon's glass was slowly making him feel numb. Since Hana had shown up at his place, he had hit the whiskey and was making his way through it gradually. The alcohol hadn't taken a strong effect on him but he was starting to feel it. The day he let her go he hadn't put the whiskey down and seeing her had made his craving for the burn to increase. Not even his closest friends could help him get over letting her go and breaking his own heart.

Namjoon ran his hand through his hair and pushed the glass away not feeling the last mouthful. He closed his eyes and leaned back in his chair letting out a big sigh, trying to forget about the girl he loved being under the same roof as him. It was a struggle for him and he didn't want to get on his hands and knees for her to forgive him. Namjoon never liked to show any weakness due to his line of work and how his parents raised him. 

But Hana was a weakness and she had become his weakness from the moment he met her.

The moment she knocked Bishop on his ass and the moment she argued back was when she had unknowingly caught him in her web. Namjoon wouldn't have thought that he could ever fall for someone before and especially a cop. Of course, he wouldn't have gone near her if she had just walked past him in her uniform, but now he didn't want to stay away. Despite him telling her to leave, he was still fighting an inner battle.

Never had he been so confused over his feelings before and never had he felt what heartbreak had felt like. Jin had warned him about Hana and that he was willing to hurt him if he ever hurt her and now he was just waiting for the moment for Jin to keep that promise. Yoongi didn't seem too bothered but Namjoon knew that Yoongi was more worried about how Darcy was feeling about the whole situation. Jimin was angry but understood how Namjoon felt and why he decided to push her out of his life.

"Fuck," Namjoon said, sitting back up straight, "You're a fucking idiot,"

There was a knock on the door and he swallowed the lump in his throat and called them in. His heart jumped into his throat when he saw Hana walk into his office, and close the door quietly behind her. She tucked her hair behind her ears and walked forward stopping a few steps away from his desk.

"We need to talk," She said and Namjoon shook his head, "Why? We need to clear the air between us. It isn't doing us any good,"

Namjoon shrugged and downed the last of his drink, "What's the point? You are leaving so the air will be fine after a while,"

"You need to stop running away from this," Hana said, "I've decided to stop running so you should do the same thing,"

"Yet you are running," He said getting to his feet, "You are moving and running away from everything. You quit your job after saying how much you loved being a cop. So, really, I'm not running from anything,"

"You are being a coward," She said, folding her arms, "Aren't you supposed to be one of the most feard mafia leaders around? You run The Red Devils and even more gangs now that Jooheon is out of the picture. And what about Yongguk? After you fucked him off, people are pledging alliance to you,"

Namjoon couldn't help but smirk, "You just can't turn it off can you?"

Hana sighed, "Once a cop always a cop but that doesn't mean I wish to carry on with that path,"

"Why has my business got anything to do with you?" He said almost with a scoff, and moved around his desk towards the door, "We have no connection anymore,"

"But that wasn't my decision!" Hana exclaimed, following him, "You were the one to cut me out of your life without even talking to me,"

"It was for the best," He said as he opened the door, "You can now move on with your life and not have to worry about-"

"Was it for the best?" Hana said rushing after him, "Look at how things are right now. You are miserable and so am I!"

"It won't last forever," Namjoon said, "You'll find someone better and I'll find someone who was born and raised in my world. It's better this way,"

"This is bullshit!" Hana said grabbing his arm, pulling him to a stop, "You are talking out of your fucking ass right now and I've had enough,"

"Get used to it," He said yanking his arm away, "You are a cop. I'm the leader of The Red Devils. It was never meant to be,"

"I was a cop and what makes you think that-"

"Once a cop always a cop," Namjoon said, "Didn't you just say that?"

"Yes but-"

"Then our conversation ends here,"

Hana clenched her fists as he walked into the main room where his friends were sitting. She blinked away tears and stomped into the room. The boys jumped to their feet but weren't quick enough to stop her. She grabbed Namjoon's shoulder and spun him around, connecting her fist against his jaw.

Namjoon grunted loudly and crashed to the floor, staring up at her with wide eyes.

"You think that you had the right to make the decision for me because you thought that we would never work," She snapped, "We seemed to work out fine before you found out I was a cop, so what fucking changed!"

"Hana," Jin said putting his hands on her shoulders, "Maybe you should just leave him,"

"No," She said, "I'm not leaving this place until I get the truth out of him. I am not going to run away from this anymore and neither should he,"

"This isn't the right time,"

"This is the perfect time," Hana said kneeling next to Namjoon, "Stop being a god damn pussy and just be honest with me. Because this is the last chance you will ever get to be honest. If you can't, then I am gone and you will never see or hear from me again. I am not going to be the only one to fight for something anymore. I have been through too much to be lied to,"

Namjoon rubbed his jaw and couldn't look at her.

"If you suddenly grow some balls, I'll be in your office," She said standing up, "If not, I guess I'll live with heartbreak until a real man shows me how much love they have for me,"