47

The machines beeped loudly in the quiet room and Hana kept her eye on Darcy who was sleeping. It broke her heart to see her so battered in front of her and she held her fists tightly.

Darcy's eye was swollen shut, with big purple bruises decorating her pale skin. Her arms were bruised with finger marks and one arm was in a cast where her attacker had broken 2 bones. Darcy had been sexually assaulted and was lucky that Hana had found her or the chances of survival would have been low. Hana didn't want to think about the pain her friend had gone through and she swallowed back the tears, not wanting to feel weak.

But she felt useless. There was no talking to the other girls because they refused to speak about it and Yoongi wasn't letting anything slip. Hana chewed on her nail as she tried to figure out who could have done this to her.

Unfortunately, only one name came to her head and she wasn't sure if she was ready to be in a room alone with Hoseok just yet. Even though Namjoon knew who it was, the trauma she went through still felt fresh in her mind.

Hana got to her feet and took Darcy's hand gently and spoke quietly, "I will find who did this to you. I promise that I will bring this bastard down and I don't give a shot if I break the law,"

Hana wished that Darcy would open her eye and say something, but she was filled to the brim with painkillers and antibiotics. Hana quickly wiped away her tears and let out a shaky sigh.

"Don't give up," She whispered and kissed her forehead before leaving her to sleep.

Hana made her way to the nurses station and spotted a nurse she knew.

"Harley," Hana said and the nurse looked up.

"Hana?" She said, "What-"

"I need to speak with you in private," Hana said and gestured subtly to Namjoon and Jin who were waiting for her, "Now,"

Harley quickly nodded and Hana followed her without being spotted by the boys. Hana was lead to an empty room and Hana locked the door and closed the curtains.

"I want the full report on Darcy," Hana said quietly.

"This isn't your case,"

"It relates to my case," Hana said, "I'm undercover so be careful who you talk to. You tell the others that they don't know me,"

Harley sighed, "Hana, I can't do that. You know I can't,"

"Who's case is it?"

"I don't know the guy,"

"Harley," Hana said grabbing her hands, "Please. This is important and I promise that no one will find out. Make copies for me and I will keep it quiet,"

"I don't know," Harley said, "I could get into a lot of trouble,"

"No one will find out but I need to know the bastard who did that to her," Hana said, "Do you see those men that came with me? They are The Red Devil's, the biggest gang around. I'm undercover and they are my targets. If they find out who did this to Darcy, that man won't get the justice he deserves. They will kill him and he won't be found,"

Harley sighed, "Shit. I'll tell the girls that we don't know you and you aren't a cop right now. I'll get the documents for you. The results came in this morning,"

Hana hugged her, "I owe you,"

"You have owed me a lot," Harley said, "But you don't owe me for this. I can see this affected you more than normal,"

"Tell me about it," Hana muttered and there was a knock on the door making her heart sink. She quickly jumped onto the bed and Harley opened to door to reveal Namjoon and Jin.

"Can I help you?" Harley asked.

"What are you doing in here?"

"A check up," Hana said quickly.

Namjoon looked at her, "For what?"

"The usual one," Hana said jumping from the bed, "I am on the pill, so when I get more I have to have my blood pressure done,"

"Huh," Namjoon said, "So, does that mean you're going to be on your period?"

Hana blushed, "That's what happens,"

"We need to go. Now," Namjoon said looking at Harley, "She's leaving now,"

"I just have to run through a few more things and I will let her leave," Harley said.

Namjoon tutted, "I'll be in the car. Don't take too fucking long,"

When Namjoon left Harley let out a small breath and looked over at Hana.

"He's really scary," She said, "Hot but scary,"

"Don't I know it," Hana said, "I'll wait here for the documents. Ok?"

Harley nodded and left. Hana laid back on the bed and bit into her lip. If she was caught with the documents she would be in trouble, not only with Namjoon but with the police she worked with.

"What are you doing here?"

Hana jumped up at the voice and tutted when she saw Seunho, "If you've forgotten, I'm undercover. Darcy is my friend,"

"Oh the hooker that got attacked?" He said, "Yeah, well you can leave now. This is my case,"

"Yours?" Hana muttered, "You don't give a shit about hookers,"

Seunho sighed, "That's not true. I just don't agree with their work ethic and the reasons behind their job choice. But, I'm the best when it comes to rape cases and just cause she's a hooker, doesn't mean men can get away with doing that to her,"

"That must be the least misogynistic thing you have ever said,"

"Yeah, yeah," Seunho said, and looked her up and down, "Od prefer to be talking to you in the outfit you were wearing last time,"

"And we are back again," Hana said, "You can never be normal can you?"

Seunho shrugged, "No,"

Hana shook her head and went to leave but he grabbed her wrist, "What now?"

"How are you keeping?"

"Excuse me?"

"I'm asking how you have been doing. It can't be easy pretending to be a hooker or living with those bastards,"

Hana let out a shaky breath, "It's hard but if it means I bring down the killers of Wonho, then I will do anything. Make sure you find the bastard who did that to Darcy before they do,"

Hana pulled her arm away from him and made her way back to the nurses station. Harley handed her the folder without looking up from her computer and Hana said it into her bag and left without another word.

She didn't care if Seunho was in the case because he wasn't going to find the person who did this. Whoever did that to Darcy was going to wish the cops found him first. Not even the mafia she was living with were going to do anything.

Hana was going to find him and she was going to deal with it herself.