Chapter 5: Sleeping With The Fish

{Midoryia's POV, slightly stronger language}

I get back to my apartment and gather the information I got on that boring, boring man. I want to get it out of my apartment and with The League as soon as possible just in case Todoroki decides to show up again and sees it.

It's early, but maybe I can get over there and back without being seen. I stuff the papers in my bag hastily and head out the door. I make the familiar route to the alleyways.

Just before I enter the alleyway I turn to make sure no one's following me and I see Bakugo walking toward me, glaring at me.

Shit you're screwed

Thanks, bud

"Oh, hey Kacchan!"

"What're you up to?" He asks me suspiciously. He's in his hero costume, I wonder if he's on patrol? I hope not.

"Just going for a walk."

"In this part of town?"

"I don't live far from here, yeah."

"Deku, I know you've been up to some shady shit." He narrows his eyes.

"Oh really?" I feel irritability rising, I can feel Deku getting angry and a slight pressure forms in my head as he tries to get some sort of control.

Let me fix this

No, chill out it's fine

No, just trust me with this.

Absolutely not-

I wince as the pressure spikes and One for All activates in my leg. My foot pushes down into the concrete so quickly and with so much force that the concrete cracks and a cloud of dust and dirt explode into the air, acting as a diversion.

Suddenly I find myself sprinting down the alleyway using One for All to propel myself along. I take way more turns than necessary, ensuring that if he managed to follow me he'd definitely lose me.

Eventually, I find myself outside The Leagues hideout and I fling the door open step inside and slam it behind me. As the adrenaline and pressure subside I can finally move my feet on my own again.

The hell was that about!

We had to get out of there. He was going to check your bag.

How do you know that?

I just do. 

Shigaraki who was sitting at the bar stares at me angrily as I hop up onto a stool, my legs were numb and sore. I haven't moved like that in a very long time.

"The hell are you doing?"

"Uh.. sorry I was afraid I was being followed." He jumps off the stool quickly and walks towards the door.

"You aren't are you?" He sounds worried.

"No, no not anymore we're fine. I just didn't want to be lingering." I assure him, "I got that information for you."

"Already?"

"Yeah it was pretty easy," I dig into my bag and hand him the packet of papers, he flips through it to make sure everything's in place and tosses a wad of cash at me. I decide not to tell him that I didn't actually pay anything for this information.

I begin my walk home, I avoid peoples line of sight, terrified of seeing Kacchan on the street after I ran away. About halfway home I notice a man following behind me. I take a detour and walk around the same block a few times, but he's still behind me.