Chapter 6: Sailing

{Midoryia's POV} 

I straighten my posture as I walk down the dock towards a small cargo ship I know was going to America. I have my messenger bag with me, packed with clothes, money, and Dao. She pokes her nose out of the top where I didn't zip it close all the way. 

I hear her meow loudly, I tap the side of the bag and whisper under my breath.

"It's alright, be quiet please be quiet..."

How're we gonna do this?

Hide until it begins to leave, then use One for All to get on the boat. Wait until it's out of the port.

It's risky.

Better than nothing. Find a place to hide till then.

Couldn't we get on a plane though?

It'd take too long. Too risky, besides we're gonna need the money there. The guy followed us here anyway, we couldn't leave if we wanted.

We can't use this money there anyway.

Don't argue.

I sigh and my eyes dart from place to place, looking for a hiding spot. I eventually find a spot in between some large boxes to wait.

It takes a while before the ship gets ready to set off so I jump up and wait for it to get out of the port before I board. While I wait I feel someone tap on my shoulder.

"Yes?" I ask as I turn around. I freeze when I see the man who had been following me.

"Hello," he greets, his voice is cold and low, "May I see your bag?" He reaches his hand out and I hold the bag behind me.

"Absolutely not. Why are you following me?"

"That doesn't matter..." I jump as his hand grazes against my own. I suddenly feel much colder and weaker. "I have a job to fulfill..."

"What the hell are you talking about?" I tug away from him. I try to activate One for All but nothing happens. 

Deku what's going on!

I don't know...  

"Don't worry, I'll make sure I tell people where you went..." I don't know what happened, but suddenly I find myself falling backward and off the dock.

{Bakugo's POV}

"The hell are you talking about?" I raise my voice a little and the man just laughs. I hear yelling at the opposite end of the pier, a group of people looking over the side of the dock, pointing. I run over to them and my breath halts as I see them dragging Midoryia out of the water.

Someone shoves me out of the way, I nearly yell at them but I see it's Zikashi of all people.

"The hell is happening-" She yells and freezes when she sees him. The wind starts churning and I gesture for everyone to stand back. She walks over and gently pull his chin down and soon Midoryia was coughing and hacking up water. There was a small cheer from the employees, one of the offers to call an ambulance but I decline and tell him I'll take care of it.

Midoryia starts laughing, it's hoarse and sore. Zikashi sits next to him, patting his back. But now we both give each other a confused look. 

The mysterious man walks up to us and laughs with Midoryia.

"Who are you?" I ask him, grabbing his arm. Suddenly Izuku starts falling away, melting as if he was made of sand which fell in between the cracks in the wooden dock until there was nothing left and his laughter drained away.