Chapter 12: Mirror Images

{Midoryia's POV}

I feel so much better once I step out of the warm shower. I feel light, new, fresh. Layers of grime and dirt from the month of living on a ship finally removed.

I nearly pass out right then and there, I could fall asleep so easily and peacefully right now... but of course, I'm still in someone else home. Someone who might still want to stab me, and I doubt passing out in their bathroom might not be a good impression.

I put on the clothes Tia gave me. A white casual button-up and black sweatpants. The shirt obviously isn't made for me so it droops on my body. I tie up my hair to keep it from clinging to my face. I open up the door and peek out to see Tia and Ed sitting at the table silently, both of them awkwardly just staring at their hands.

Tia looks up at me and gestures for me to sit down. My eyes glance down and see the mess on the floor from everything fallen off the table and my breath halts. I feel like a five year old, waiting to be scolded by their mom.

I slink into the chair.

"What's your name again?" Tia asks me. Her voice is low. I can practically hear the cogs turning in her head. 

"Izuku Midoryia," I answer, figuring complying is going to be the best way out of this cleanly.

"Age?"

"21."

"Profession?"

"Uh... I was a cashier?" My answer sounds more like a question.

"Are you the same man from a few years ago?"

There it is. I knew they'd figure it out eventually. 

"Depends what happened a few years ago?" I hope we're not thinking of the same thing. But I know we are.

"Don't play dumb. Villain Deku, right?"

I feel Deku pulsate in my head. I found whenever someone refers to him directly it empowers him a little. I don't know if that means he's actually getting stronger, but it always worries me. And gives me a headache. 

"Yeah... but you know that whole story right?"

"Yeah yeah, whatever you're 'normal' now."

"What's with that tone-"

"Anyway. I'm sure you can understand my unease. Right? I mean, your also marked as missing in Japan, and I don't want to harbor a criminal."

"I understand... Thank you so much for your help, Ms Ju." I push away from the table and stand up.

"No!" Ed pushes himself up, "Don't leave."

"Ed..." Tia pleads sadly, "We can't keep him here."

"Hey kid, don't worry about it. Here, sit down." We both sit down again and I take the time to very briefly explain why I came here. I don't go into too much detail but I do explain that it's very possible that there could be people after me. So staying here is dangerous. 

I try to speak calmly. I try to reassure him that it'll be okay. I don't understand why he seems so attached to me, or adamant that I stick around. 

"He has to go Ed," She addresses me now, "Keep the clothes, okay?" I nod in thanks and smile at Ed before heading to the door. I feel arms wrap around me from behind and I turn to see Ed hugging my waist, burying his head in my side. I pat his back, looking to Tia for help but she just shrugs. 

"Okay I gotta go..." I whisper to him, afraid he'll hear the quiver in my voice. He lets go and takes a couple of steps back, his face his red and blotchy. I give a small wave and turn back to the door.