Chapter 25: Leave

{Midoryia's POV}

Edward ran up and down the street, only a couple of laps left him breathless and exhausted, to a point where he was clinging to my shirt for support trying to catch his breath. 

"Y'know when I was training, it took oh... 10 months? I had to clean up an entire beach full of old fridges and stoves all by myself."

"Really? 10 months! I can't do that-"

"Well, you'll have to work hard to be a hero. If you can't work for 10 months then-"

"No! Watch I got this!" He sprints as fast as his legs would let him down the street and I watch with a small grin on my face. I wish All Might was here to see this. I wish Toshinori could see the future as it should have been. I'm lost in thought until a voice shakes me to my senses.

"Hello, sir?" I turn to see a woman in a police officers' uniform standing politely. She was a petite woman, short curly dark purple hair pokes out of her cap. She had a friendly looking face, button nose, and light blue circle eyes. Sort of reminded me of Uraraka.

"Oh, hello. Can I help you?" I respond politely, not wanting a scuffle with police. She looks around to make sure no one was too close, she lowers her voice.

"You're Midoryia, correct?" She asks sweetly, a hint of southern accent dances it's way into her voice,  I'm a little confused as to how she knew me, but I nod. "Shigaraki sent me." 

"You... you're the... agent? He was uh... talking about?" This small girl didn't seem like a League member. She definitely didn't seem like a dangerous person. Once she's confirmed it was me her bubbly sweet facade falls away and her wide eyes droop a little, and she suddenly was much more intimidating. As if she flipped a switch from a cartoon character to a secret agent. She seemed sharper and less bubbly and all traces of the charming southern accent dissipates.

"Yeah don't seem so surprised. I'm not here to be doted on-"

"No no of course not I just meant-"

"Don't flounder. I'm not here because I want to. I've been running this side of the country for years now and this is the lowest I've gotten. I have to deal with an Ex-psycho and now weird-parent."

"Parent? I mean I'm just-"

"Mhm. I've seen how much that kid clings to you."

"How long have you been watching?" Embarrassment, fear, and confusion build, I can feel my face flush and my heart rate go up.

"Long enough to know you got a thing for peppermint guy-"

"Alright alright please just stop. I get it. We can't talk in detail now. I have the kid with me now." As if on cue, Edward stumbles back to my side, panting and wheezing. While Ed was looking down, she shoves a paper into my hand which I hastily stuffed into my pocket. 

"Sorry Sir, I didn't mean to bother you. I got the wrong person. Have a good day!" The switch flipped again and she was all bubbly.

"Who was that?" Ed asked, still gasping for breath.

"Oh, just an officer. She was just looking for someone and mistook me." I say as calmly as possible. Though I don't think he would've noticed any concern in my voice. "You know, I hope they'll take good care of Nao." I change the subject, genuinely worried about my cat though. Ed nods, seeming to finally catch his breath.

"I'm sure they'll be fine. We have bigger problems to worry about."

If he's going to be following us around, we might have to let him know somethings up with The League.