Chapter 35: Leaving

{Midoryia's POV}

After Shigaraki leaves, the others try to talk to me, but I can't hear a word they're saying. All I can think about is how to avoid letting Todoroki see me... or I suppose see Deku, kill. I won't know the layout of this building until I get there, for all I know it could be a residential building in the middle of suburbia, or a small apartment full off people. Or, it could be a huge looming skyscraper. I won't know how to plan until we get there.

Take some deep breaths, Todoroki heard the deal, he knows you've been instructed to kill.

Well yeah, but he'll probably expect me to avoid killing or something. Some type of virtuous... thing. And I highly doubt doing that is going to fly with you, with Shigaraki, and with literally anyone else watching my moves right now.

I guess you're right... well. No use stressing if we can't fix it now. We'll see what we can do when we get there okay?

I'm staring out the window now, all the streets are totally empty. 

"Midoryia," Suddenly Kozo's voice snaps me back to reality, I spin around to see him holding his phone out for me, "You should call Ed, I already called Bakugo while you were off in la-la land," He says irritated, "He'll be back this evening to check-in."

"Thanks Kozo," He's going to walk away when I decide to slip in a question, "Hey who was that cat?"

"What?" he faces me again, he looks angry.

"That cat, the one you materialized for Todoroki. I don't recognize it."

"Oh. Well um..." Suddenly he becomes very nervous like he's hiding something. "Oh god, who cares," He says mostly to himself, "Behind our house back in Japan there's the alley, right?"

"Uh, right what-"

"Anyway," He speaks over me, hastily and angrily explaining himself, but I can tell he's embarrassed too, "there's a stray cat that hangs around, I feed it. He's always back there if I need him. I get stressed too y' know,"

"Oh I know-" 

"Shut up. Anyway, that's the cat." He grumbles and looks away.

"What's its name?"

"It didn't have one, just called it 'cat'. It doesn't need me to name it."

"That's an interesting way of going about it," I glance behind him to see Yiri and Zikashi watching, Yiri smiles and Zikashi rolls her eyes, "Thank you for telling me, Kozo." I look him in the eyes and pat him on the shoulder as I walk past him towards the door, I can tell he's confused, but if I've learned anything its that if Kozo opens up to you even just a little, you respect that.

I step out and notice muddy footprints all over the hallway, no doubt from the uncivilized league. I sigh and call Ed.

{Ed's POV}

Aizawa and Mic had driven me home, listening to those polar opposites was fun, but now that I'm back in Mrs. Midoryia's home I just feel tired. It felt like Tia screamed at them for hours, but it probably wasn't that long. I'm so tired and sore that I nearly collapse on the couch, the only thing stopping me was my ringing phone.

"Hello...?" I yawn.

"Ed? Can you hear me?" Izuku's voice asks somewhat urgently, suddenly I'm wide awake.

"Yes! Yes I can, what's going on? Is everything okay?"

"For now, yes. Look I'll give you more details later but for now all you need to know is that Todoroki and I are going to be heading back to Japan very soon. You're okay right?"