Chapter 23: Training

{Edwards POV}

The two new men scared me. Shoto seemed to be cool, but then he snapped when Katsuki and Kozo were teasing... Katsuki seems to have a really short temper. The fight that broke out left me shocked, how can friends fight like that and still be cool with each other?

Once again, Izuku's friends have left me baffled and a little afraid after every interaction. How does he meet these people? And on top of that, how do they always end up friends with him but no one else?

"I think it's time to show Ed what being a hero is all about." He said that with a mischievous smirk on his face, which scared me. I trust Izuku. I have to at this point, and I'm willing to do what it takes to become a hero. But why does he have to talk like that!

I sigh as we, as a group, leave the damaged hotel room.

"Protect the room Dao, okay?" Izuku jokes as we leave.

 It's early in the morning but it's still really warm. Everyone walked in groups of two or three down the street, to where I don't know.

Izuku, Todoroki and I walked in the front; I stand in the middle between them. Zikashi and Bakugo walk behind us and bicker good-naturedly, and Yiri and Kozo are in the back. In a strange turn of events, Yiri is the one angry at Kozo for once. Kozo just defends himself and laughs off whatever they're arguing about. 

"So, how was the trip over?" Todoroki asks Midoryia in almost an accusatory tone. Izuku ignores this detail.

"Quite long, uncomfortable, starving almost the entire time."

"Did you get on a ship or something?"

"Yep," Izuku says finally, refusing to give any more information. Todoroki changes the subject to me.

"Well, Ed," He says in his monotone voice, "I'm sure all of this new information is a little overwhelming."

"Of course," I answer, happy to be finally having a conversation with the person Izuku seems the closest too. "I mean... I'm quirkless. So to have this opportunity is... mindblowing." 

Todoroki smiles and looks at Izuku with a funny look on his face.

"What do you think about our little Midoryia?" He teases, Izuku just rolls his eyes.

"Well... I think it's very generous that he chose me." Due to Todoroki's monotone personality, I feel the need to sound more formal than usual, "If I'm being honest, I think it's a little funny that the man whose going to show me how to be an amazing hero used to be a villain."

I can see both men go rigid, Izuku laughs despite this and looks down at me (since I only go up to just below his shoulders).

"Well, I was an amazing villain. I'm sure some skills transfer over."

"Like what?" I ask, confused as to why he'd sounded proud.

"Well... leadership for one. God is that important. Having control, which sounds sinister but if you can't keep control over your subordinates you'll have chaos. Confidence. If you seem scared you'll be defeated immediately. Let's see..." He thinks for a moment, "Oh right. Trust."

"Trust? But aren't villains untrustworthy?"

"You'd think that. Villains need to trust each other, or else no deals would get made. It's good to have  a backup in case that falls through, but you need to have a basis of respect for each other."

"Why do you bring this stuff up like it's nothing?" Todoroki asks this time, just as confused as me. Izuku just stares ahead, a small smile on his face.