Chapter 18: Call

{Edward's POV}

After Zikashi and Izuku ran off Yiri and Kozo didn't seem to know what to do with me. They turn on the Tv and we all sit in silence, watching mindless reality shows, avoiding the news channels. They try and make conversation with me, but it was just awkward.

"Sorry 'bout that Edward I know it was frightening," Kozo said eventually, sounding a little embarrassed, "That... happens sometimes." A lame laugh track echoes in the background of my mind from the tv.

"Can you guys tell me a little more about Izuku?" I ask quietly, a little afraid of what they'd say, "Please don't lie to me, I think I have some right to know." 

They look at each other, Yiri seems nervous while Kozo seems more tired and irritated. With who, I don't know. Kozo sighs and falls back on the bed, tucks his head under a pillow and gestures to Yiri.

"Uh..." Yiri starts, "Well... I really think you should ask him-" Our eyes meet and he stops, suddenly his face changes from nervousness to pity and guilt, "Yeah... you should know. I won't say everything, I think he does have a right to tell you specific things... but Izuku used to be in UA highschool. The best hero school in Japan. And from what I know, he was an amazing student with a lot of potential. He may have already told you that... but something went horribly wrong and he was forced into villainy. That's something he'll have to tell you about himself. He was a villain for years until they were finally able to capture him and uhh.... rehabilitate him into society. Since then he's lived a fairly depressing life really, hasn't really done much since then."

I guess I already knew some of that... I was hoping there would be something more. There has to be more... he doesn't have to spit up his whole backstory.

"What did he mean by 'I'll see what I can do?'" Yiri clearly looks conflicted on what to do and seems very flustered.

"Ah well... you see his quirk is special. In ways, I will let him describe because I don't quite understand it. He also has a lot of connections. Edward, I know it'll be confusing but Izuku has a good heart. If he says you'll be a hero, you'll be a hero."

"How on earth would he-"

"Just trust me," He smiles, almost apologetically, "He'll screw up somewhere though, so just hold out, make him fix his mistake, and he'll get you where you need to be."

"Alright... can I ask one more question?" I ask, and Yiri just nods and waits. "How do you guys meet anyway?" Everyone here is so weird and different from one another... I don't understand how they're a team. Yiri once again hesitates while Kozo throws the pillow off of his face and answers, obviously annoyed with Yiri's nervousness.

"He used to be our boss. We were all villains and he was the leader of our little group. We all retired together. God, you talk a lot..."

"Kozo!" Yiri scolds, "I'm sorry Ed... Kozo I know you're worried about Izuku and Zashi but-"

Suddenly an eardrum-shattering boom shakes the building, we all instinctively cover our ears and I hear someone yelling. I fall off the bed and on the ground, I try and tuck my head down and I roll up, trying to block out the noise and protect myself from anything that may fall..

When it finally subsides and the building stops shaking, Yiri crouches beside me and I can feel his arm on my shoulder. My ears ring and his voice sounds far away. When it finally clears up I stand up shakily, and I feel Yiri supporting me. 

"C'mon Ed, get up, you okay?" Yiri asks comfortingly, Kozo is looking out the window, his eyes wide, he looks terrified. He turns a little and catches me staring. His face suddenly hardens up and any scrap of fear on his face is gone.

Redemption {Book Two}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें