1. The Dustbowl & The Life It Brings

Authors note

Okay so if you have Apple Music you could find a playlist called Hellbound Pt 2 and if you listen from start to finish while reading, it'll double the experience, take it from the author.

705 Votes !!!
Holy fuck!

Absent - Fox academy
Cable - Versache

Enjoy xoxo
----------------

  -They say our native ancestors would travel the mountains and add days to their journey to stay out of the Mojave desert, that the Mojave desert had evil spirits living in it, well the Mojave desert is now Colonized

Hi, my name is Chase, Let me tell you a story about The Lions

I live in the middle of a dust bowl surrounded by Joshua trees, Desert, and that's it. It's a pretty shitty place but the people make up for it.

It has it's good people and it's bad people but that's just the laws of the universe.
The one thing about this city is somehow some way we all connect unlike anything I've ever experienced.

My friends and I like to conspire about everything because it just makes this repetitive simulation that much more interesting.

Did you know that Joshua trees only grow in the Mojave Desert and Jerusalem.
Mojave desert being my home and many other people's home and
Jerusalem being the location Jesus Christ was born.

Any ways that's not what this story is about. In this story I talk about how I went from being a sheep to becoming a lion, by knowledge and the feeling of knowing. By realizing I actually do have control of this life as does everyone else with their own.

See I was born here June 21 1999 and I never wanted to leave like everyone else, because I had faith in the people. I knew there was a reason to stay but I just wasn't sure of it.
And I've had options to leave, I still have the option to leave but this is home, my family is here, not literally; except for my dad; but the people I surround myself with here; that is family.

I live with my dad, this story, the one I'm about to tell you takes place during the time I did live with him because my last year living in his home was the year he realized I was growing up he could see that I was becoming a lion, he could see that soon I would no longer need him being my shepherd.

He asked me once "Why do you always travel at night" with an anger washing over him

"Because I'm becoming a Lion" I simply replied.

And with that it was like he under stood what i meant, the energy in the room went from tense to a feeling of relief. He nodded as if it was okay for me to continue on the way I was doing and that's when I realized I finally get it.

In that moment I finally got the rollercoaster they call life and I told myself I would ride it all the time because fear isn't real. It's fictional something we create ourselves. Now take these words and apply it to the future.