9. The weather is changing

Authors Note

Good songs for this chapter

Easy Easy - Willow Cover

Mt Washington - Local Natives

A Girl like you - Edwyn Collins

Enjoy xoxo
---------------------

- The devil wears a shiny crown

September 18th
1:48 Pm

The Stage lights blinding me from anyone sitting in the audience watching our audition.

We are at the last few lines of the scene

Sweat forming on my forehead due to the heat from the spot light.

Mr. Jefferson how ever is front row facing Abel and I with eager eyes ready to see what we came up with for this scene in the last hour.

My nerves feel a little at ease but the person on stage with me is not the same person who was going over these lines with me.

He looks nervous, and out of balance.

Both of us center stage I move my left hand on his right arm which causes his eyes to meet mine.

"We'll be amazing" I say

And with that he smiles.

*

"I'm mad, your mad , we're all mad" Abel says and then laughs manically without looking at the script which causes my heart to sink to the floor

"What makes you so sure I'm mad" I say in a questioning tone aware of the attention we are bringing as the scene continues.

"If you weren't you wouldn't be here" Abel says once more with a laugh that would scare any normal person but for me, it brings me a sense of comfort.

Anything he does brings me comfort

And with that our scene is over and I can hear a few claps in the back.

Mr Jefferson tells us to go to the lobby and wait for the final announcements so we do as we are told.

I follow Abel to exit stage right and we use the hall way with black tile to make our way to the lobby.

"Good shit" I say in between the sound of my two inch Boots click clacking on the tile floor.

"Me ? That was all you" he says with a bright glimmer in his eye.

"Yeah okay what ever you say" I say chuckling half jokingly taking the honor.

"But seriously Abel those laughs were spot on" I say referring to the laughs of the Cheshire Cat.

"You think so , thank you chase" he says as we approach the door that separates the lobby from the hallway we are in.