14. The Moonlight Bites

Authors note

I really recommend listening to the songs this chapter because it was well thought out.

Whispers in the hall - The chromatics (also new and a very dramatic build up yasss)

Stay - Trevor something

Healer - The chromatics

A little death - The Neighborhood

The warning - Kindness

Warm honey - WILLOW

-Chrissy

---------------

The Veil is breaking.

(Chase's POV)

October 2nd
10:10 Pm

"Where is he" is the only thing on my mind.

I'm still hiding in the stall, I haven't heard Alex come in looking for me which is a good sign but also another red flag of his character.

The only thing Alex was able to talk about is how good I would look out of my clothes.

It brings a sense of him not having anything to talk about.

His intellect is hidden behind his ego and it shows.

it was odd that Abel texted me while I was hovering over his name not knowing what to say.

I was stuck here and even though he was just being true to himself he still shows a genuine care there.

And his text proved it.

I'm afraid of walking out of the door and running into Alex but I make my way to the locked stall unlocking it.

The graffiti that reads "they watch" brings chills to my spine as I make my way down the light brown tiled floor.

Exiting the restroom and peaking my head around the corner to make sure Alex doesn't see me.

My ringtone goes off causing my heart beat to jump out my chest for multiple reasons.

1. It's Abel
2. He's here
3. My ringtone is very distinguishable
4. Alex has heard my ringtone before.
5. Alex eyes are now meeting mine from across the dining hall.

I have two options here.

1. Answer the phone.

2. Run to the car.

My body and mind can't help but come to an agreement on taking option number two.

My feet quickly rushing towards the exit not even giving me time to look at Alex's face.