48. Pieces Align

Authors note

Damn are we getting close to the final chapter

Good songs for this chapter

Oceans - Seafret

Switzerland - Daughter

Enjoy xoxo
---------------

Enjoy xoxo---------------

-Sorrows

Narrator's POV
June 9th
11:11 Am

The mansion has a desolate tone to it, no voices to be heard through out the halls, no sounds of television or music coming through any of the rooms, just the cackling of lit candles placed throughout the house, a dozen of them set at the foot of the stairs on the first floor all a black and white in remembrance of Alex, who was killed a week ago today.

His death will never get a proper announcement there for he will never get the proper burial and funeral he deserves but that is something none of them can control other than Lucifer, and he likes it just the way it's going.

Echo hasn't spoken a word since the day everything took place, nor has she even bothered to come out her room. Emerald brings her breakfast every morning and dinner every night but has to leave the tray at the door, Echo refuses to face anyone in the condition she has been in for the last week.

Chase is in almost the same exact state as Echo only, Abel's managed to get a few words out of him and he keeps the door unlocked for Abel to enter at night, afraid to fall asleep without some sense of security around him.

Lucifer left the same day everything took place, feeling that his presence wouldn't be needed for a few weeks. It's almost as if he gets a pleasure out of stopping his business to ruin what ever the rest of them have planned for themselves, something that he's been doing for far too long yet no one really knows how to put a stop to it.

Emerald still hasn't had time to process anything that took place, her mind still trying to keep everyone else stable as she's always been that way.

And Abel... he doesn't know what to do, he's afraid that if they stay then the same thing that happened to Alex might happen to Chase, but he's also afraid that if they run away that'll be the outcome no matter the case, so his mind is stagnant and his body is tired, all he really wants to do is help chase through something so traumatic.

Chase pulls his face further into the pillow as he hears his bedroom door crack, knowing today makes a week since what happened, happened, his body refusing to move its positioning.

There's that feeling of deep guilt digging inside him and it's only been getting stronger since last week, he can't ignore that if he has never got himself so far entangled in this mess, that they wouldn't be In this predicament in the first place, he can't help but feel likes he's the reason Echo, Abel and Emerald, had lost one of their greatest friends, and the feeling keeps eating at him the more the door squeaks and the more that the light enters his dark and shadowed room, causing the sinking of his face to only further.