chapter 10: nightmare

" a dream itself is but a shadow "- Hamlet

          ************************

That night radha had a bad dream. She was running scared out of her mind, like she was running for her life and something was chasing her.
Something dark with intent to kill. She could not see it but she could feel it's presence , it wanted her. It was hungry and angry like an beast who wants her blood and flesh and it would not stop hunting her until it caught her and claimed her soul, ripped her body and devoured it. She was running so fast that she stumbled on her own feet and fall . It was clear now, it would catch her.

A dark figure slowly appeared from the shadows, it had yellow serpent like eyes and sharp canines which was covered by human blood, curling like something demonic, something inhumanic sprite. It stretched it's ugly black hand towards her, she could see its nails that looked more like claws which were covered with blood & dirt. They were coming closer. Radha shrieked a high panicked sound. It had caught her & now it was tried to claim her soul, ripped her body apart, drink her blood as well as devoured her soft flesh.

" radha, my child , wake up "- a gentle voice which was filled with concern & care urged. Radha opened her eyes & saw yashoda was looming over her.

" are you alright my child? "- yashoda whisperd softly.

Radha tried to speak but nothing was coming from her mouth. She was panting horribly and there was sweat dripping from her head , she was scared and confused. Observing her pathetic condition yashoda draw her into her embrace and tried to clam her.

" it's alright dear. Am here, don't worry it was just a nightmare "- yashoda cooed softly in her ear. radha rested her head on her shoulder for few minutes and her heart beat and pluses returned to a steady rhythm. she fall asleep again . When she wake up she saw yashoda was seated beside her. It was already in morning.

" good morning my child "- yashoda softly chuckled.

" morning maa "- radha wishpered lazily.

Observing her laziness yashoda softly smiled.

" now get up, I made breakfast for you "- yashoda smiled and placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

" really "- radha exclaimed with excitement like a child. Her lips curved into a smile. It was her first time since her marriage when someone gave her such affection , love and care just like her parents specially her mother. It was really amazing moment for her, she loved it. So decided to get up and take a shower after she would had her breakfast with her yashoda maa because she doesn't want to missed the opportunity which was she being able to received after long time.

" maa i want to take a shower and after that I will join you for the breakfast "- radha pouted her lips and cutely plead to yashoda.

Seeing her childish behavior yashoda loughted loudly and pinched her nose.

" OK. But be quick "- yashoda smiled.

" OK maa don't worry"- with that radha hurriedly run towards bathroom.

Seeing her innocent behavior yasodha nodded her head with amusement and left the room.

After taking a quick shower radha dressed up and slowly began to walk towards kitchen. She was excited as well as hungry and can't wait for testing the dishes which were made by her yashoda maa.

After a while she was entered into the kitchen and take a eye full view. she saw the dinning table was filled with different delicious dishes, radhas stomach growls.

" come my child "- yashoda smirked.

" OK maa "- radha softly nodded her head and sits on a chair.

Yashoda placed a plate on the table which was filled with soo much food that radha doubted if she could finished it all. After pausing for a minute radha slowly started to digging her food . While radha was busy with her food yashadha studied her face and chuckled with motherly affection.

" do you like it "- yashoda asked.

" yes maa "- radha replied while chewing her food like a sweet like bunny.

" do you want more "- yashoda asked.

" no maa, am full "- radha pouted. She looked satisfied &Her whole face looked so graceful after mother yasshoda's spacial treatment and eating her favorite testy food. after finishing her meal radha rasted on the couch. After finishing her chores yashoda seat beside her & place her hand on her shoulder.

" radha are you happy? "- yashoda asked softly.

" yes maa "- radha softly replied.

observing her for a while yashoda, yashoda broke her silence

" my child, I think something bothering you. I can feel it dear if you want you can tell me "- yashoda asked with a worried tone.

Observing yashodas concerned and doubt radha tried to hide her marriage life secrets, toturs and lied

" am fine maa "- radha's voice trembled & her lips tried to draw a faint smile .

" are you sure my dear? "- yashoda lit her brow with concern.

" yes. Beside there is nothing to hide. I love you maa, am happy with life "- with that radha placed her head on yashodas lap and closed her eyes. It was so relaxing for her, after a long time she was finally able to find a small hope, comfort and peace, she doesn't want to ruined it.

" radha my child "- yashoda cooed.

" maa, could you please place your hand on my head I want to sleep in here clamly, it is so relaxing "- radha softly plead.

" yes my child "- with that yashoda place her hand on her head and caressing her gently.

Radhas whole body quickly relaxed as she touched her with motherly care and love. She pouted her lips like a child.

" radha my child, never thought that you are alone, am always here for you my dear. I love you ."- yashoda softly whispered.

" I know maa . You are my sweet maa. You are just like my mother, sometimes I feel so lucky because you got my back. Promise me that you will never leave your radha alone "- radha requested with a teary voice.

" I never will, I promised " - yashoda softly replied.

Hearing yashodas promise radha felt so much security. After that nightmare she was scared, she felt something wrong, sometimes was not right there as she didn't find her husband and mother in law in this morning which was undigested for her. instead yashoda was there which was strange , but she was comforting company for her. At first she thought she would ask about them but after remembering something she decided to keep her mouth shut.

While she was busy with her thought, her comfortable silence was interrupted by a loud thud, radha and yashoda both jumped from there positions and after what they saw they both frozed in there place.

They saw ayan and her mother in law was standing there & his whole body was covered with mud and blood.