chapter 15: Surprise

" Thunder is good,  thunder is impressive but the lighting does the work "- Unknown

****************************

Unedited

It was already evening,  radha slowly opened her eyes,  after looking surroundings, she blinked her eyes few times and hugged her side pillow, recalling the moments of few hours ago which she spend with Krishna,  a shyly smile appeared on her lips,  her cheeks turned into rosy red and she bured her head on the pillow.  What was wrong with her she thought,  whenever she think about him she found herself loosing track of her thoughts . She know deep down that she can't be with him even if she wants.  He was mischievous but  had a good heart,  she feel safe and cheerful around him.  She felt something for him like a connection or bond she couldn't completely ingore the strong attraction between them but she was helpless. Radha left a deep sigh.  Shrugging her thoughts she got up from the bed and started walking towards the bathroom after freshen up,  she sits on a tool which was placed in front of a mirror. She looked her reflection on the mirror and nodded her head after remembering something.

" radha you are stupid "- radha told herself,  she felt her cheeks burn.

She then quickly done her preparation.  She was excited for the meeting with her best friends would be husband. So she got up from her sit to walk out from her room. When she reached in the hall she found her mother in law was there comfortably sitting on a sofa and eating some food.  She shook her head and strolling towards her.

" Maa,  am going to meet with lalita,  sooo... "- radha stuttered.

After hearing her stuttering jatila lifted her chin and looked directly into her eyes. After scanning her up to down,  jatila nodded her head.

" you can "- jatila coldly replied her.

Radha lit her brow with amusement,  she never expected that.  She never expected that her mother in law easily gave her permission so easily. Now she didn't want to waste any time. So with out wasting any time she softly nodded her head and leave from there.

Some times later she finally reached near a lake, she found lalita was already there with a strange man.

" lalita! " - radha called her with a high pitched excitement filled voice.

Lalita turned her head slightly and found radha strolling towards her. 

" radha,  you are here! Come "- with that she rushed towards her and hugged her tightly.  Her voice filled with excitement and happiness.

" So,  where is he "- radha teased her.

" he is here "- lalita softly chuckled.

Radha saw a shadow strolling towards them and soon a muscular body appeared in front of her from shadow.  Now that he stood closer she could take closer look at him. Radha looked at the large man with wide eyes.  He was indeed very handsome man with his tall,  well build musculine features and broad shoulders,  smooth unblemished fair skin, black hair, warm brown black eyes , sharp jawline and nose.  He seemed familiar but radha could not connected the dots.

Observing her confusion,  the  handsome chuckled.

" oh let me introduce myself,  I am balram,  lalitas would be husband. "

What?  Is the only thing that was going on to her head. She was beyond shocked,  her mouth opened due to sudden surprise. Oh ho now she remembered,  he was Krishna's cousin. She saw him earlier during her wedding anniversary. Radha gulped,  a shiver went down on her spine.

" You???  I mean how lalita " - radha gasped.

Lalita amused,  she lit her brow due to sudden confustion.

" do you know each other? "

" Not really,  but she was my brothers best friend " - balram winked.

" uhhh.... kinda "- radha said,  caught slightly off guard. She was really embarrassed.  She took a deep breath,  trying to calm her hammering chest.

" well I'm already hearing lots about you,  Krishna always talking about you, "- balram teased.

Radha coughed,  she felt her cheeks painfully burn.  She was coming here to gave her friend a surprise but she was now got her surprise. Her throat become dry and raspy. She was now completely speechless.

Observing her embarrassment and panic balram a smirk appeared on his lips. After a pause he quickly changed the subject. 

" so radha how are you? - balram asked with his deep tone.

" I am fine.  By the way congratulations both of you.  Am very happy that finally she was find her dream man "- radha smiled.

Observing radha's clam and shy behavior balrams lips curved into a caring smile. He gently placed his hand on lalitas waist & pulled her closer  while looks directly into her eyes.

" I love her and always will.  Don't worry radha I never gonna hurt her. She is precious "- with that he placed a soft kiss on lalita's forehead.

Lalita blushed. Slowly place her head on his strong chest.

After observing there bonding,  love and care for each other,  all doubts of her was finally cleared. She was now relaxed and happy for her beautiful friend. She was now sure that her friend going to be happy in her future. She was excited as well as she can't wait for her wedding.

" both of you looking so beautiful.  God blessed your pair. Lalita my sweet friend am proud and happy for you "- a tear rolled down on her cheeks.  Why she was so emotional,  radha thought.

Observing her best friends cry baby condition lalita slowly lit her best friend chin up and softly wiped her tears.

" radha don't cry. Don't waste your precious tears . No matter what am married or not,  remember one thing that I always love you.  You are like my sister radha " 

With that lalita hugged her best friend.

Observing there emotional conversation balram cleared her throat.

"  lalita,  love everything gonna be alright,  now let's go,  it's already dark. We need to go back home as soon as possible "

Hearing him lalita and radha turned there head. Radha left a shigh.

" uh,  you two go,  I... " - radha stuttered while biting her lower lip.

" what radha,  don't be fooled,  it's dark. We can't leave you her with all alone. " - lalita plead.

" am alright, don't worry. I want to spend time in here with myself "- radha whispered,  her voice cracking slightly.

There was a pause,  lalita hesitated before answering " OK.  Are you sure? -

" yes "- radha answered.

Lalita nodded her head , she didn't want to leave here , alone,  but it's seems she doesn't had any other options cause she knew how stubborn her friend was. Left a sigh due to disappointment latlita good bye her and left the place with balram.

She heard there footsteps walking away from her,  she sat on the ground, alone again and look at the sky. Today the sky was looking beautiful with starts and moon she thought . She felt pain in her chest and a soft sob escaped from her mouth.  she felt certain emptiness in her heart. She was exhausted & tired , how long she had to deal with her monster husband,  she could not take it anymore.  She wants to leave and start a new life but it was impossible.  She really starting to like Krishna but she knew she couldn't. She felt a certain urge to leave her marriage and smashed every burden to live her life freely.  she decided that she would not going back to there. 

" I starting to like you Krishna,  but I can't give you what you want.  I am helpless "- she cried. 

After sitting for a while radha somehow managed to get up with sunken shoulder she started to walk,  towards the woods . Hoping for her freedom.