22

When I woke up the next day, it was pouring rain outside. Damn it. I had my driver's rail for almost two years now and yet I was afraid to drive in the rain or fast. Even without rain and snow I often felt quite insecure when driving. Jessie was not there and it rained really badly. I took my cell phone and typed in the number.

"Everything all right Kathie?" Leo asked me after the third ringing and sounded slightly worried. How sweet.

"Yes, I just wanted to ask you something," I said with another look outside.

"What then?" asked Leo.

"Do you think you can drive me to university today?" I asked and tried to sound as kind and friendly as possible.

"Yes, of course. Is something wrong with your car?" he asked now and I sighed relieved.

"Um, no. My car is fine".

"Then why should I pick you up?" he asked and I regretted having asked him somehow. He would certainly make fun of it if I told him that I didn't want to drive in the rain.

"Well ... I don't like to drive in the rain," I confessed with a sigh.

I heard him laughing and snorting.

"How sweet," he remarked amused and I twisted my eyes, although he couldn't see me at all.

"I'll be at yours at half past seven', he said and hung up.

I quickly changed my clothes, put on make-up and ate a toast. At five before half past seven I got the message:

I am there

Quickly I slipped into my Converse, took my beige rain jacket and hurried down the stairs. In front of my front door stood Leo's white Audi and quickly I slipped into the passenger seat.

"Ew, only dry people are allowed in my car," he teased me with a disgusted facial expression.

I shook myself so that drops of water flew around everywhere.

"Stop it," Leo shouted in horror and wiped the dashboard with the sleeve of his jacket. I just laughed and shook my head.

"Men and cars," I noticed and Leo drove off.

"I thank you Leo, beyond all measure, for driving me in such a dicey situation," he mimicked me and I hit him on the shoulder. Then I looked outside sulking as I heard Leo giggle.

"Thank you', I said reluctantly after a few seconds and looked at him.

"Gladly, gladly," he said and turned on the radio.

"Shall it rain all day?" I asked him and looked out in disgust. I didn't really like rain, only when I was in the mood for it.

"I think so," Leo replied and concentrated on a cyclist in a rain cape in front of him.

"Do you think you can drive me home, too?" I asked with a blink of the eyes in the same sweet voice I had used to ask him if he could pick me up.

"I thought that was clear," he said without thinking.

I smiled and said once more: "Thank you".

When we arrived at the parking lot of the university, I looked outside again.

"Do you have an umbrella?" I asked hopefully.

"Nop, I didn't think of it," he confessed and scratched his head.

"Would have been too nice", I said, took my courage together and got out of the car.

I went towards the entrance, which was much too far away, when Leo suddenly appeared next to me, grabbed my wrist and pulled me with him.