38

"No, everything was fine," I said and tried to ignore how embarrassed I was about the situation. How much had she seen or heard? God, I hoped none of that.

"I just wanted to get a quick cup of coffee," she said and placed her cup under the coffee machine.

Leo leaned with his head down against the worktop and pressed his lips together into a single thin line. He didn't say a word.

"Milan and I are having dinner with my parents tonight and then I'll tell them everything," said Jessie, after she had patterned both of us diagonally and suddenly had my full attention.

"It'll be fine, don't worry about it. They can't do more than throw you out," I tried to joke, but I realized how inappropriate that was.

"Do you know who will be there today?" she asked me with trembling nostrils.

"Lucifer?" I asked and looked at her compassionately.

"Exactly," Jessie said annoyed.

"Lucifer?" Leo asked confused and raised his head.

"My sister. Her name is Teresa, but she is the complete opposite of Teresa. She is the incarnation of evil. The golden angel of the family. I would trust her to dagger me in my sleep, because through the baby the attention lies on me. And it doesn't matter if it's negative or positive attention," Jessie snorted and Leo looked at me with big eyes.

"She just gets jealous because she hasn't produced anything so wonderful yet," I said confidently.

"Wow, you seem to have a good day, otherwise there's not so much crap coming out of your mouth," said Jessie snappishly and Leo suddenly straightened up.

"And you seem to have a pretty bad one, because otherwise you don't insult me for no reason," I said back insulted and Jessie bit her lips.

"I'm sorry. Ahhh, I didn't mean to say that. I'm just ... I'm afraid," she said and drove through her hair under stress.

"I forgive you', I said patronisingly and pressed her against me.

"You can do that", I cheered her up and Jessie whispered: "Thank you" to my ear before she disappeared with the cup.

"What are you doing tonight," I asked Leo and sat down at the laid kitchen table.

"My dad invited me to dinner. I'd take you with me, but I wanted to tell him I had a girlfriend before I threw him in the cold water," he said apologetically, scratching his head.

"Don't you think your father would like you to have a girlfriend again," I asked uncertainly and grabbed a roll without letting Leo out of his sight.

"Let's just say my dad loves me, no question. But he loves his company just as much and if I had married Yuna's family it would have brought him more profits. He didn't think it was great when I told him that me and Yuna weren't together anymore," he said slightly irritated.

His words were buzzing around in my head and I bit my lip.

"But don't worry. He will like you. I don't know how he couldn't like you," he says quickly as he saw my worried expression.

I gave him a half-hearted smile and cut my bun open.

"Then I'll probably learn a little tonight. In a few weeks there will be exams," I noticed and sighed at the performance about what was coming my way.

We kept talking about the upcoming exams until his eyes fell on my cell phone when it lit up because of a message.

"What's that," he asked and grabbed my cell phone with big eyes.