27

Embarrassed, I sighed. Once again my talent to ruin every pleasant mood and situation had become noticeable. I went into the bathroom where everything was flashing and took off my dress. Then I put it over the edge of the big bathtub and put on Leo's clothes. The fabric felt comfortable on my skin and I was enveloped in its smell of washing powder and his very personal touch. A smile stole on my face at the thought that I had his things and with a throbbing heart I went to the only closet next to the sink to look for a toothbrush. It was a bit uncomfortable for me to search in his things, but he had suggested it, which softened the bad conscience somewhat. After a short time I found the toothbrush and took his toothpaste. After I had finished and tried to wash the make-up off my face as good as I could, I went into the bedroom in the much too long jogging pants I had rolled up and the much too big T-shirt and cuddled up under his blanket. Everything smelled of him and I found this smell wonderful. With a smile I pressed his pillow into my face and pulled the blanket up to my chin. It was a soothing feeling and I closed my eyes. Silence enveloped me. But the thought that he was always lying here and slept on the couch because of me kept me awake. Restlessly I turned from one side to the other and found no sleep. I had lost the feeling for the time when I sat up and drove my hands over my face, annoyed. I had just fallen asleep at the film and now? As if my body wanted to annoy me. Suddenly I became sensitive when I heard quiet footsteps. Less than two seconds later I saw a shadow under the door slit and there was a soft knock on the door.

"Yes', I said and the door opened.

Leo looked at me with big eyes when he saw that I was sitting wide awake in his bed.

"Can't you sleep either," he asked and stopped insecurely in the door frame.

I shook my head and stroked my hair back.

"My clothes look good on you," he said quietly and smiled slightly as he noticed his T-shirt on me.

"You should see your sweatpants on me first," I joked and plucked the collar of his T-shirt.

His smile got bigger, but then he looked at the floor and said embarrassed: "All right. Um... I didn't want to disturb you. Sorry".

He made an effort to leave the room, but I held him back.

"Leo," I said and he looked at me expectantly.

"Yes?".

"I don't want to be intrusive, but ... I would like it if ... if you ... if you stay here," I stuttered and cleared my throat, embarrassed. I could feel exactly how my cheeks turned red.

An embarrassed smile appeared on Leo's face and I regretted my question immediately. But without saying a word, he went to me, hit the blanket away and lay down next to me. I hated it how insecure this person made me, because I would have expected meanwhile every reaction, but not that.  Leo hadn't let me out of his sight for a second and even captivated my gaze as he lay there while I was still sitting. I noticed his little birthmark right under his lower lip, which I thought made his face even more beautiful.

"We can gladly erect a wall of pillows. I just don't want you lying down on the couch while I spread out in your bed," I explained and managed to detach myself from his gaze.

"If you want that," he murmured and I didn't know what he meant.

"When I want what?," I asked confusedly and looked back at him to see that he had closed his eyes.

"A pillow wall', he explained and blinked at me.

"Well, no. But I thought you would like that", I explained and could not hide the defiance in my voice.

Now he looked confused and sat up so that we were at eye level.

"Why would I want that?" he asked and looked at me vividly with his glittering eyes.