55

Hey there! I haven't forgotten you. I am sorry that I have not written anything for so long. Are you looking forward to Christmas as much as I am? I love Christmas. Do you like Christmas? I will try to write more again in the near future, I promise. You know what it means when I get back to you before the beginning of a chapter. In this chapter it gets a bit dirty again. If you don't want to read it, stop reading when this symbol ~ appears. The best thing to do is to read on to the next chapter. And I know that not much is happening at the moment. But I promise you that will change in the next chapters. I still hope you like it.

I wish you a happy holiday season and a merry Christmas. I love you

The author

Completely overwhelmed, I followed Leo, who had got out of the car, and looked around with my mouth open. It was wonderfully quiet here and over the beach and the sea you could see seagulls circling, singing all over the beach. Leo had watched my reaction very closely and grinned up to both ears.

"Happy Birthday", he said now, when Milan and Jessie had joined him and I looked at them with big eyes.

"You guys are crazy. It must have cost a fortune," I said half accusing, half overwhelmed by the place.

"Not a dollar," Leo said and looked at me as if what I had said was hilarious.

"How could that work," I asked, amazed and Leo's smile only widened.

"The house is mine. Well, actually my father. But that is not important now either', he said and now it was me who smiled at both ears.

"Come on, babe. Who's first to the water," Jessie suddenly said, pulled Milan's arm and gave me a meaningful look.

They ran to the sea and out of the corner of my eye I saw Milan holding Jessie screaming and going into the water with her. But I only had eyes for Leo. He had become the center of my little universe. The sun around which all my thoughts and feelings circled. It illuminated and warmed everything inside me and its fire was so hot that I was afraid to burn myself.

"Do we want to go in?" he asked and pointed to the front door.

I nodded and with a bright smile I walked towards the front door. Leo already had a bag in his hand and was now standing next to me to open the door. We entered a single, huge room in which the light flooded in from all sides. The kitchen, living room and dining room were separated by wooden beams. The walls were white and the side to the beach was completely glazed. The furniture looked expensive and together with the decoration everything made a very cosy and homelike impression on me. Leo looked at me from the side, with a happy smile on his face.

"Come with me. You haven't seen the best yet," he explained and walked up a staircase past me. He led me through a small hallway to a huge room. In the middle of the room a wall had been pulled up, in front of which stood a huge bed. The wall was painted black and about half the size of the room, so there were passages on both sides. Behind the wall was a bathroom with a large bathtub embedded in a block of marble. The whole floor of the bath consisted of marble and it became more and more clear to me that the house must have cost half a fortune.

"This is ours. And? Was the birthday present a success," asked Leo, who stood behind me and watched me marvelling at the bedroom.

Grinning broadly I turned to him and following an impulse I took a little run up and jumped into Leo's arms. Laughing, he caught me and I, also laughing, wrapped my legs around his hip and put my arms around his neck to press him firmly against me.

"I can't breathe," he said giggling and I loosened the grip around his neck.

Then I looked at him and kissed him, put all my feelings into that kiss. Passion, love, happiness. I knew that something as simple as a kiss could convey all these feelings. You don't always need words. Words limited the possibilities to express oneself. Hardly any word had the ability to say what I felt. But this kiss did. And I knew that Leo felt that too. He pressed me to himself and this kiss was so intense that I knew if he let me down now my legs would feel like jelly. With a heavy heart I detached myself from him to breathe and looked at him, into his dark brown eyes, which only for me could shine so brightly.