Chapter 28

We started walking towards a restaurant, it was only a couple minutes away. We held hands and smiled at each other a couple times. I was so glad Dominic came over just to make sure I was okay. He was really amazing but I started wondering about something, where was this going to? I mean after this he probably would be gone for a longer time and I didn't want to lose contact with him. I decided to ask him about it at dinner. After about 8 minutes we arrived at a restaurant, it looked really fancy. We walked over to a waiter to ask for a table.

"Welcome, how can I help you?" The waiter gave us a small smile.

"A table for two please" Dominic said and the waiter grabbed 2 menu cards for us and she started walking so we followed her.

"Here is your table, I'll be back shortly to ask for drinks" She gave us a smile and left, Dominic and I sat down.

"This is nice" I smiled and looked outside, we were sitting next to a window and the sun was slowly starting to set.

"What are you gonna get?" Dominic asked, he was already staring at the menu.

"Let me take a look" I said and started looking through the many options. After looking at everything I decided what I wanted and the waiter came back.

"What can I get you both to drink?" She asked us with her notebook in her hands.

"A red wine for me please" I told her and she wrote it down, she looked at Dominic and he answered.

"Same for me" He gave her a little smile, she nodded and walked away.

"Dominic?" I said and he looked up at me.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Sure" He gave me a little smile.

"So I was thinking about something..." I looked down at my hands.

"Uhm, where are we going? Like what are we?" I was still looking down because I was scared of his reaction.

"I might have an idea" I felt his hand slowly grab mine and our hands were now in the middle of the table. I looked at him and he seemed nervous.

"What's that?" I asked him, his thumb was softly stroking the back of my hand.

"Do you want to be m-" He got cut off.

"Here is your wine" The waiter appeared out of nowhere and poured us two glasses of wine.

"Are you ready to order?" She looked at our hands and we let go. We both said what we wanted to order, she wrote it down and walked away again.

"So I wanted to ask you something" Dominic said and grabbed my hand again.

"If I wanted to be your girlfriend?" I said with a grin on my face.

"I actually wanted to ask you if you would like to be my friend" He said seriously and my smile dissapeared.

"Oh uhm, okay" I let go of his hand and looked down.

"I was just kidding!" He chuckled and grabbed my hand again.

"Seriously" I looked him and gave him the 'are you kidding me' look.

"So, do you want to be my girlfriend?" He had a big smile on his face.

"Yes, of course" I gave him a smile and leaned in for a soft kiss. We sat back down and Dominic held up his glass of wine.

"To us" He said, he was still smiling. I also put my glass up.

"To us" I repeated and we clinged out glasses together. I chuckled but then realized something.

"But what will happen when you're gone for a really long time" I asked him.

"Nothing will change, I'll try to see you as soon as possible" He replied and gave me a reassuring smile.

"Thanks" I said with a small smile.

"For what?" Dominic asked me.

"Just for being here for me, and making sure I'm alright" I smiled, I was so grateful that I had him in my life.

"Always" He gave me a smile. We just continued talking about some random stuff and eventually our food was served. We ate everything and even got a dessert.

When we were finished we decided to go back to my apartment, Dominic was staying at my place tonight. We were walking back and the sun was almost done setting, it looked really beautiful. After a couple minutes we arrived at my place, we said hello to my mom and went to my bedroom. Dominic unpacked his back and I waited for him to finish.

"Can I brush my teeth?" He asked out of nowhere and I pointed to a door in my room.

"Thanks" He replied and I gave him a smile. It took him about 5 minutes to finish and he sat next to me.

"When are you leaving tomorrow?" I asked him and I layed my head on his shoulder.

"Around 10 am" He said and I felt his arm go around my neck.

"Why so early?" I sighed.

"I don't know, I wish I could stay longer" He replied.

"Me too" I said and I felt his arm around my neck dissapear.

"Wait here" He said with a big smirk on his face.

"What are you-" I got cut off by something in my face.

"Pillow fight!" Dominic yelled while chuckling.

"That's not fair!" I immediately stood up and grabbed another pillow from my bed. We started hitting each other, I didn't try to do it so hard because I didn't want him to get hurt.

Giggles and laughter filled the room while we were standing on the bed and throwing pillows at each other. Eventually we both fell on my bed and somehow he was on top of me again. We looked each other in the eyes and were focused on one another. He started to lean in and kissing me passionately. The kiss was long but Dominic stopped and for some reason I expected him to go further.

"Let's get ready for bed" He said and gave me a smile, he pulled me up and I nodded at him. We both changed and got into my bed. My head was on his shoulder and my arm around his chest, he had on arm around my shoulders.

"I don't want to go to sleep" I said, I sounded a little upset.

"Me neither, because in the morning I'll be gone and I don't want to leave you" He sighed and I pulled him closer to me. He meant the world to me.

A/N

18k reads already, ily all sm! <3