Chapter 36

I waited and waited, it seemed like I was sitting here for years. I was in the room with my mom and I was just staring at her while my head filled with thoughts. After today there was no way I could life at my house anymore, I didn't have the money to pay for it so I had to move out. I decided not to think about that right now and wait for Dominic.

More hours passed and it was almost 7 hours later, Dominic didn't call yet and I started to get a little panic attack. What if he can't make it? What if his plane couldn't take off? My hands started to sweat and I started bouncing my leg up and down. Just as I wanted to text I got a notification, I immediately opened it.

-D<3
'Hey, I'm at the airport could you send me the address so I can uber to you?'

-Y/N
'Yeah sure'

I send him the address and he said that he would be here in 30 minutes. I decided to leave this room and go downstairs to the entrance of the hospital. There was a big glass door that leaded outside and a lot of counters in the long hallway. I found a little bench and sat down on it. I was looking at the door and waited for him to walk in. I was actually kind of nervous to see him again, it had already been a month since he left and we still haden't talked about how I flipped out over that picture.

30 minutes later I saw someone familiar walk through the door, I immediately stood up and a smile formed on my face. I watched him walk in and he looked around the long hallway, he was searching for something. His gaze finally landed on me, he stopped walking and a large smile creeped on his face. I couldn't hold myself back and I started running towards Dominic. He held his arms open and I practically jumped on him, my arms wrapped around his neck and his arms on my waist. We stood there for awhile and we slowly let go.

"Hey" He said in a quiet tone while looking in my eyes. I stared back in his and a feeling of regret filled my body. I felt like crying.

"I'm sorry" I said and felt a tear escape my eye.

"About what?" He looked confused and held my hands.

"You know what..." I looked at our hands and realised how much I missed being with him.

"The picture" I almost whispered.

"Oh..." He said and avoided eye contact with me.

"Sorry, I didn't-" He began but I cut him off, I couldn't deal with two things right now.

"It's okay, we'll talk about it later" I put my hand on his cheek and made him look at me. I gave him a soft smile and grabbed one of his hands.

"Come on, I want to say goodbye" I dragged him with me and I silently cried a little. We didn't say anything the whole way but it was nice to just hold his hand.

"This is her room" My voice sounded weak and I opened the door. There she was, still laying the same way as before. Dominic didn't say anything, he just followed me while his eyes were focusing on my mom. We both sat down on some chairs next to her bed, I grabbed her hand again.

"Hey mom" I whispered with tears in my eyes.

"I wanted to say my last goodbye" My voice broke and I felt Dominic's hand on my shoulder.

"The doctors are gonna do something... but you'll be free" A couple tears fell down my face.

"I'm going to miss you..." I cried.

"But I know you'll be in a better place" I whispered and I felt Dominic's arm around my neck, I leaned my head against his.

"You've been so supportive my whole life and you helped me through so many things..." I was sobbing softly and Dominic tried to comfort me by slowly rubbing his arm on my back.