Chapter 33

It was my mom, she was laying on the couch with her face looking up, her eyes closed. I slowly started walking towards her, I had no idea what to do but when I stood next to her I started to panic. I crouched down and looked at her with tears in my eyes.

"Mom?" I whispered. She didn't respond so I moved her a little bit. No reaction.

"Please be okay" I spoke quietly. A couple tears were starting to fall down my face and my hands started to shake. I decided to check if she was still... alive, so I put my hand on her chest and waited for a heartbeat. At first nothing happened, but after a couple seconds I felt a weak heartbeat.

I let out a sigh of relieve and wanted to grab my phone, but then I remembered that it  was on the ground in the hallway. I quickly walked towards it and saw that Dominic didn't hang up. I grabbed the phone and I heard a concerned voice speak to me.

"Y/N! Please tell me nothing happened" He yelled and sounded worried.

"Something terrible has happened, but I have to call you back" I said through my sobs, I didn't wait for a response and hung up. Calling an ambulance was more important at the moment. I knew it was a good sign that she was still breathing, but the reason why this happened probably wasn't. When I was done calling and help was on the way I grabbed her hand and waited until they arrived.

After about 15 minutes I heard the doorbell ring and I quickly ran to the door. When I opened it there were 3 people standing there with hospital uniforms on.

"Where is she?" The tallest man asked me.

"In the living room" I said with a shaky voice and started walking towards her. The 3 man followed me and they immediately started to check up on my mom.

"She's lucky, if you had called any later she probably wouldn't have made it" The person said that was checking her breathing. I was shocked at what he had said.

"We're gonna have to take her to the hospital immediately, if that's okay?" He asked and I nodded back. It hurried to see her like this, I was still crying softly and the man noticed.

"It's gonna be okay, we'll do everything we can" He put his hand on my shoulder and gave me a little smile.

"Can you tell me what happened to her?" He walked back to the other 2 man and helped them carry her.

"No, I just found her like this" I said in a sad tone and watched them take her away.

"Okay, well we'll find everything out soon" He gave me a smile again and I just nodded a little. I followed them outside to the ambulance.

"You can't come into the ambulance so you'll have to follow us with ur car" The man said and closed the back doors. He walked to the drivers seat and I walked to my car. Luckily my car keys were in my purse so I didn't have to go back inside. They slowly started driving and I followed them, I was so scared about what would happen to her.

10 minutes of driving we arrived at the hospital, they took her out of the ambulance and told me to wait in the visitors/waiting room. So I watched her being taken away, tears escaped my eyes and I walked away when she was no longer in sight. I just hoped that everything is gonna be alright.

After walking around the big hospital that made me think of a maze, I found the room they told me to wait in. I sat down in a chair, the room was empty so I softly started crying. After a couple minutes of sobbing I remembered the way I hung up on Dominic. I decided to call him.

"Hey" I spoke softly as he picked up.

"What happened? I was so worried, are you okay?" He spoke fast.

"No..." I whispered and let out a sob.

"It's terrible" I cried and leaned my head on my hands.

"What is it?" His voice sounded quiet and careful.

"M-my... mom" I let out another sob and stared at the ground as I saw my tears fall down.

"I'm so sorry" I heard him whisper, his voice sounded sad.

"What happened to her?" He asked after a little silence.

"I just walked inside... and she was... laying on the couch" I had a hard time speaking about it.

"I called an ambulance and I'm now at the hospital... they're checking on her right now" I said softly.

"I'm so scared she wont make it" I sobbed quietly.

"Y/N it's gonna be fine" He reassured.

"She-" I cut him off.

"But what if it's not?" I whispered and sat back up on the chair.

"It will be, I promise" He said carefully. There was a long silence but then Dominic began to speak.

"Do you need me to come over?" He asked out of nowhere.

"No you don't have to and I just to be alone" I sighed, I kind of wanted him to come but it all would be to much.

"I understand, just let me know if you need anything" His voice sounded sweet.

"Thanks" I said and stared across the room.

"So you're gonna be fine?" He asked.

"Yeah" I said, that obviously was a lie.

"Okay, I have to go now call me if something happens" He sighed.

"I will" I smiled a little and he hung up. I layed down on the chairs and started crying quietly again. After what seemed like days but in reality it was only 2 hours, the same man from earlier came walking towards me.

"We just finished checking up on her" He sat next to me.

"What happened to her?" I asked while looking at the floor.

"She had a heart attack" He said and I looked up at the man with shock written in eyes.

"And because she was already diagnosed with a sickness, her body reacted worse... she is very weak right now and we had to put her in a coma to keep her alive" Everything that he told me hurt me.

"Just like I said before, if you called any later she probably would have passed" He told me and tears were rolling down my face.

"W-when will she wake up?" I asked and stared back at the ground.

"If she doesn't wake up in the next 24 hours... we'll have to make some decisions, but that's nothing to worry about right now" He said and stood up again.

"You'll be able to see her in an hour, she is staying in room 12" After he told me that he just left, I was broken from the inside.

I was in pain, I was sad but I was mostly angry. Angry at someone, and I decided to visit that person. It may be a stupid idea to do so but I just had to know something. So I grabbed my car keys and walked through the hopsital while tears streamed down my face.

I just had to know.

A/N

I can't believe this book has 25k reads like tysm again for all the support <3 !