Chapter:26

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
Chapter:26 Published 10/04/2019

•••

"All that you are

is all that I'll ever need" -Ed Sheeran

Gabriella

Pushing the cart inside the kitchen I place it beside the other carts. It was the last thing I had to do before going on my break.

It wasn't busy at this hour because most people would be working.

Walking towards the exit door, I push it. But I stop at the sound of my name being called.

"Gabriella!"

Turning around I see Emily, one of the main chefs in the restaurant.

She walks towards me with a big smile. Her curls which are usually cascading freely are now tied up into a bun and therefore not flowing freely as they usually do.

When she finally reaches me, I greet her.

"Are you about to go on your break?"

"Yes ma'am, why, do you need help with anything?" I replied to her.

"No no, of course not. But do you have any plans right now?" She asks guiding me outside of the kitchen.

I frowned.

"No, I don't."

"Well then, do you mind if we talk over some food?"

I wanted to say that I was busy now, but I had already made my previous statement. And perhaps she needed to discuss something important with me.

"Umm sure." I tell her.

"Great!" She smiled. She guided me to a table in the back, away from most of the customers. "Come, let's sit here".

"Now, what would you like to eat?" She asked me passing me a menu for me to look at.

"Miss, this food is too much for me. I don't-"

"Nonsense." She cut me off dismissing me with her hand. "I'll prepare it for you and don't worry, it's my treat. Also, call me Emily, we're only a few years apart. No need to be so formal".

I nodded.

"You know what, let me just surprise you with something. I'll be back in like thirty minutes or less. Wait here." She finished and left in a hurry.

As I waited I felt uncomfortable. And I was afraid of what she wanted to tell me.

I looked around the restaurant while waiting for Emily to arrive.

I recall being surprised by the gracefulness of the restaurant when I first stepped foot inside.  I had admired it's beauty as it stood with so much elegance.

And working here had giving me more time to look around at the interior design.

Which is something I enjoy doing, since it was what I wanted to do after I graduate.

But this time it wasn't the same

Sitting here was different. I saw everything in a different perspective. I wasn't exactly a customer, but I also wasn't a worker here.

I was just simply sitting on one of it's chairs.

Seeing customers enjoy themselves as they are was satisfying because it meant that they were content.