Chapter:42

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
Chapter:42 Published 04.23.2020

•••

"I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you" -Roy Croft

Gabriella

Writing down my notes, I listen to the professor talk about a few things for our next assignment. 

Just as he shows us something on the projector screen, my phone vibrates inside the pocket of my jacket.

Pulling it out, I turn it on to see a message from Cole.

Hey, Gabby. Are you free right now?

Taking a look at the time, I reply.

I'm in class, but it ends in three minutes.

Great, I have something to give you. Meet me at the coffee shop that is next to the business building. I'll be waiting for you.

See you there.

With that, I shove my phone inside and turn to face the professor whose back was turned to us.

"Don't stress too much about the assignment since you have a week to complete it. That also means that I expect you to complete it." He turns to the mass of students who were packing up and looks at the watch that was wrapped around his wrist. "It seems we have run out of time so think about what you want to do. You may leave." With that, he removes his glasses and opens the door.

One by one the students start leaving.

Grabbing my bag, I place it over my shoulder and take my leave.

But as I walk through the hallway, my mind drifts to Cole.

What did he want to give me?

Glancing at the time, I increase my speed while going down the stairs.

The coffee shop that he mentioned is close to this building, but I don't want to keep him waiting.

Exiting the building, I make a left turn and continue walking in the right direction.

Once the building comes to view, I pull the door and step inside.

It wasn't crowded, making it easier for me to look around until I catch sight of a familiar guy. He was sitting down, a mug in front of him as he made a face at his phone. 

Adjusting the strap that was slipping off of my shoulder, I make my way towards him.

"Cole," I stand beside him and he looks at me with surprise. 

"You're here, early." He stands up with me and with me a short hug.

Pulling back from him, I remove the bag on my shoulder. "My class isn't too far from here." 

His eyes follow my movement and he walks around the table. "Take a seat, please." Cole pulls out the chair for me and I smile in embarrassment.

"You don't have to do that," I mumble quietly. 

"This?" He points to the chair and I nod. "Oh, this is just part of my charm."