Chapter:32

Copyright © MonMoncheese1
All Rights Reserved
Chapter:32 Published 01/03/2020

•••

"Someone will ache for your soul

Wait for them" -E. Russell

Cole

Three weeks have passed since Gabriella met with me at the restaurant. And so far, I have seen many changes in her behavior towards me. We continue to discuss details about my apartment, but our conversations also involve other topics. Despite the change between us, I make sure to never ask her any personal questions, afraid to risk our friendship. I also know that she's not ready to answer any personal questions and that is fine with me. There is no rush.

We have met a total of 4 times in the past three weeks, and we have yet to meet tomorrow. My apartment is basically finished, but for the sake of having Gabriella close to me, I have been delaying our departure.

I believe that a few more weeks, and I can get Gabriella to feel completely comfortable with me. 

"You haven't been spending much time here lately. In fact, I've barely seen you around here in a while, excluding today. Everything okay?" Noah speaks up, glancing at me for a second and returning his attention to the documents in his hands.

Grinning I say to him. "I knew you enjoyed my presence. Well, then again, how can you not? I'm amazing."

In return Noah rolls his eyes. "I've kind of grown used to your presence. It's actually kind of weird not seeing you at my place all the time. But answer my question Cole, is everything okay with you?"

I remove my back from the couch and lean forward rubbing both of my palms together. And instead of answering his question, I say this.

"Hmm, maybe you should come visit me. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you have yet to see my apartment."

"Is it done?" Noah puts the papers down and reaches for his phone in the table between us.

"You could say that." I say, my mind drifting back to Gabriella when I told her something was missing in the apartment.

Little does she know that it is perfect the way it is.

I look to Noah, who is already staring at me as if trying to figure me out.

"You're acting strange." He says and I burst into a laugh.

"Oh my dear best friend, if only you knew." I mumble the last part to myself.

"Well, why don't you come visit me tomorrow? Preferably in the afternoon since I will have breakfast with my parents in the morning."

Noah checks his phone before answering. "I'll stop by your place around 1, maybe a little later depending at what time the meeting with my father ends."

"Great, I'll be expecting you." I tell him.

Tomorrow Noah will find out who has been helping me with my apartment. Hopefully, this encounter will benefit the both of them.

Gabriella

The Next Day

As I stand outside of Cole's apartment, I wait for him to arrive.

He called me, first apologizing for running late, and then he said that he was a good ten minutes away.

So far, 8 minutes have passed.

Cole's apartment is nearly done. And it looks amazing. I must say, he has a really good taste in things.

Today, I was hoping to finalize everything. There isn't much left, but if Cole thinks that something else missing, as he has been saying the past few encounters, then I will continue to find the missing piece of his apartment.