Chapter:43

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
Chapter:43 Published 07/07/2020

•••

"I hope you stay around for a long, long time

I think I want you in my life forever" -unknown

Gabriella

Cole has been avoiding me these past four days. Ever since that day when I saw the check, Cole refuses to meet with me. And he's doing it because he knows that I will return it back.

It just doesn't feel right to accept it. Instead, it feels the opposite way.

I helped Cole out of kindness, and to receive a check, especially with such a large amount of numbers, it just feels wrong. Almost as if I were taking advantage of him.

And that's not what I wanted it to feel like.

Besides, I didn't do much. I merely helped him with some ideas.

And while I enjoyed helping him, I simply cannot accept that check.

Stepping inside of one of the many coffee shops in the campus, I grip the strap of my bag and look around for an empty table.

It was crowded today.

Spotting a table far against a wall, I grip the strap of my bag and walk towards it. Excusing myself through a crowded table, I walk around them to reach the empty space.

Coming to a stop, I place the bag next to the other chair and take a seat. Reaching inside the pocket of my jacket, I pull out my phone and check to see if Cole replied to my message, but as my eyes come in contact with the most recent message, all I happen to see is an emoji.

01:36 p.m.

Cole, can we meet? Please, just for a few minutes.

01:49 p.m.

🧐

Taking in a deep breath, I scowl at the screen below me and slide my fingers on the keyboard.

01:42 p.m.

I need to give you back the check, please Cole. It won't take long. 

Pressing send, I place the phone down on the table and bring the sides of my loose hair behind my ears.

"What am I going to do?" I mumble to myself, feeling a sudden wave of frustration overcome me.

Why would he even think of giving me a check knowing that I wouldn't accept it?

Leaning back against the chair, I cross my arms and think of what to do.

I've been debating on whether I should go see Cole at his apartment, but I haven't gathered the courage to do so, especially after the incident that happened last time.

Crying in Cole's apartment after dropping my ring, and then Noah witnessing my state, I can't help but feel embarrassed. Neither of them have asked me about that day, and I'm hoping that they don't, but I still felt embarrassed for behaving that way, especially when they don't know the reason behind my tears.