Chapter Eight

"We will sneak you out at three am when the guards are swapping shifts."

Gavin slipped his arms into an android jacket. Nines' plan was echoing in his mind. Gavin had been given two days rest.

"We will take you through the main city on foot and reach the other side at ten am."

He placed a fake LED to his temple.

"There we will meet with our guide at a cafe where we will be taken to an escape route we will be travelling for a few days."

Gavin watched as Nines pressed his fingers to the jacket and changed the model number to 'GV200.'

"Are you ready to go, Gavin?"" Nines asked as he made sure the jacket was perfectly aligned. Gavin looked up at Nines, taking a moment to let his eyes linger on Nines' face.

"You sure this jacket and the LED are enough? Wouldn't it seem suspicious?"

"Suspicious how?" Nines asked asked as he dipped a makeup brush in foundation.

"Well, most androids nowadays are deviants, aren't they? Why would they have an LED or an android jacket?"

"I wear an android jacket," Nines asked. "Connor wears one too, and he has his LED. It's not that suspicious. It'll help with the disguise."

Nines dabbed the foundation over Gavin's nose scar, which made him wrinkle his nose and pull his head back a bit. "What the fuck? I didn't want this."

"You need it. Androids don't typically have scars, and your nose scar makes you distinctive. If someone who knows you sees the scar, they'll know it's you and it'll all be over."

"Wouldn't I be recognised anyway?"

Nines finished with the foundation then applied concealer to the scar.
"Not if we're careful. The disguise should be enough."

Nines pulled away a hand and with the other, he cupped Gavin's cheek. "There you go." Nines rubbed his thumb against Gavin's jawline. Gavin got flustered and he pulled his head back as his face flushed with colour.

"T-That's gay," Gavin stuttered out as he took a moment to regain himself. Nines chuckled and handed Gavin two contacts.

"Here you go. Just temporary, until we get somewhere safe."

Gavin looked at the contacts dropped into his hand. They had blue irises. He slipped them into his eyes and turned to a mirror. Gavin was alone with Nines in a dimly lit room. The clock said it was 2:48 pm.

Gavin sprayed some gel into his hand and with the help of a hairbrush, he slicked his hair back perfectly.

Gavin saw his transformed self. Once dirty and messy hair washed and carefully slicked black. No remnants of the scar on his nose remained. Blue eyes the colour of Lapis Lazuli, if the gem was dappled with lighter and darker shades. Clean clothes that complimented his frame perfectly, as if tailored.

Nines rested a hand on Gavin's shoulder, standing behind him and looking into the mirror.

"You certainly look different," Nines commented. "Handsome if I do say so myself. Yet, undoubtedly, you always look handsome Gavin."

Did- Did he just flirt with me!? Gavin thought with shock. He instantly blushed and he gave a simple nod as a response. He cleared his throat a little. "Mm, yeah."

Nines removed his hand from Gavin's shoulder and turned so he was facing him. Nines' eyes flickered to Gavin's lips but they quickly refocused to his eyes.