Chapter Twenty

This chapter is 2.8k words long, which is approximately two chapters in one. Enjoy!
~~~

Gavin woke up with a start. He opened his eyes and had a groggy look on his face, and he realised that he was lying in the arms of Nines. On a couch. In a house.

As the memories flooded in, so did the ache due to his wounds that were covering his body. He gave himself some time to savour the moment of being in the warm embrace of Nines, even with the stinging cuts that he wasn't able to completely divert his attention from. Eventually, Gavin knew that he had to wake him up. 

"Hey, Nines. Nines. Nines. Hey Nines."

Nines opened his eyes and looked at Gavin. "Yes?"

"I hurt, like, a hella shit ton. Can you go and grab some painkillers and food for me?"

Nines nodded with a smile. He gave Gavin a gentle kiss on his temple. "Of course, I hate to see you in pain, my dear. But first…"

Nines picked up Gavin and carried him to the bedroom with the two beds, setting him down gently on the unoccupied one. In the other bed Hank was snoring loudly.

"I'll get Connor to deal with that," Nines said. He gave Gavin a quick kiss on the lips before leaving the room.

A few moments later, Connor entered the room. He sat on Hank's waist and slapped him a few times on the face, much to Gavin's amusement. Hank's eyes shot open and he was alarmed, but as soon as he saw that it was only Connor, he relaxed.

"Connor, the fuck are you doing? Why the fuck are you on me!?"

"I wished to bring you into the conscious world, and therefore that is exactly what I have done," Connor said, moving off of Hank and returning to standing on the floor.

"Whatever," Hank grumbled. "Later we have to get moving, like I said last night."

"Can't we stay another day? Hank, think about it - this is a perfect house. Food, water, clothes…"

Nines abruptly entered the room, picked up Gavin, and left. He carried him to another bedroom. This room was fairly larger, and had a queen-sized bed in the centre.

"Why didn't I know about this before?" Gavin asked.

"The door handle was broken. It was a challenge to enter," Nines answered. He settled Gavin down on the bed. Gavin audibly sighed with content, instantly sinking into the gentle fabric caressing his body.

"Holy fuck. This is is fucking comfortable," he said.

Nines sat beside him. "I agree," he said after getting a feel of the bed. He stood up again and left the room, and quickly returned. 

Nines put a plate on the nightstand before holding out his hand, which was holding two painkiller pills. Confused, Gavin leaned in and licked them off of Nines' hand.

"What?" Nines said,flustered and confused by the motion. It was plain to see that the android was not expecting Gavin to do that in the slightest. Nines shook his head. He then handed Gavin a glass of water whilst staring at him with a weird look.

Gavin downed the water and then set the glass aside, next to the plate. He curiously peered forward at the plate. On it was what was most likely canned spaghetti, and tuna as well to the side.

"Oh… thank you, Nines, but are you completely sure about that mix of food?"

"Yes."

"Okay. Fuck, why am I even complaining!? I haven't had this good of shit for a long time." Gavin carefully sat up in the bed, with the help of Nines. He ate a bit of the spaghetti. It was warm, and definitely was the canned kind. Gavin began to shovel the food into his mouth, letting out little moans of unadulterated enjoyment.