Chapter two

Calum was CEO of Hood Motors, a car brand his dad started and passed down to him. Aged only 22, and having already been CEO a year, maybe his dad passed on the company too soon -but he had worked hard for decades and wanted to retire.

"Calum!" His assistant, Maggie, ran into his office and squealed, causing him to roll his eyes and let out a chuckle.
"What now?" Calum asks exasperatedly.
"The DFD are on line 3." She grins.
"What?" His head snaps up, this couldn't be happening. Not to mention he hadn't received any letters yet and generally you'd get something in the mail talking about your sub, or dom -phone calls from the DFD weren't really a thing. "Wait, shit, they're waiting." Calum starts to panic a little.

"Answer it!" Maggie urges.
"Okay, get out." Calum snaps, not wanting anyone else to hear whatever this was. Maggie laughs and shuts the door behind her. Calum takes a deep breath before answering the phone, putting it on speaker because the last thing he wants right now is to miss anything.

"Calum Hood speaking."
"Calum, hopefully I haven't got you at a bad time. My name's Elyse, I work at the Department of Fate and Destiny."
"No of course not. What can I do for you?"
"Your submissive came in today, registered with us. It's his 18th birthday, he was very keen. However, we have a slight concern...." She trails off unsurely, making Calum nervous.

"Should I be worried?"
"I'm not sure, the DFD are just worried that your relationship and submissive may be unintentionally more difficult than one would typically expect..."
"With all due respect, could you please tell me what it is you've been alluding to?" Calum was growing a little frustrated, he just hoped he didn't have a wildly misbehaved submissive on his hands. Elyse smiled a little, this was how a dominant spoke. How Ashton spoke was not dominant.

"Your submissive came in today and was convinced he was a dominant."
"He- what?" Calum is not exactly sure how he's supposed to react to that.
"We have been led to believe that he felt this way because of situational and environmental factors in his upbringing. We feel it will be an exceptionally rewarding relationship for you both however he will likely need more guidance and support in the early stages of your relationship."

"Right." Calum took a deep breath. He needed to trust the system, it was never wrong. The universe had decided that Ashton was his soulmate, this was going to work out just fine. "Is there anything I need to do?"
"We'd like to introduce you to him under our supervision. We're sure you both have lots of questions and feel we should answer them with both of you present."
"Of course, when would you like this to happen?"
"He's still with us if you're not busy at the moment, however we understand the lack of notice so can reschedule if you need to."
"No, now's fine. This is very important to me. I will be there as soon as I can be."
"Wonderful. Unfortunately we can't email the file a dominant would normally receive as we don't trust email servers to be secure enough. Unless you have a fax machine I'm afraid you'll need to wait until you arrive." Calum passes on the number to his fax machine, which he's sure hasn't been used since his father worked here, and exchanges brief goodbyes with Elyse before hanging up the phone.

"Maggie." Calum begins, walking out of his office towards his desk. "I need to go to the DFD, call my driver and cancel everything for the rest of the day."
"Okay. Also, you just received this fax from them marked CONFIDENTIAL." She says, handing him the few pages as she starts dialling his driver, Alec. Calum hums and takes the document with him as he goes to retrieve his phone, jacket and wallet from his office.

"Alec's ready and waiting out the front. Meetings are cancelled, see you tomorrow. Good luck with everything."
"Thanks." Calum says, striding to the elevator, nervous and excited.
Alec is waiting at the front entrance when Calum gets there, Calum slides in and is immediately enthralled by the document in his hands. Alec doesn't say a thing.

Name: Ashton Fletcher Irwin
Position: Submissive
Gender: Male
Pronouns: He/Him
Age: 18
Birthday: July 7th
Height: 5'11.5"
Hair Colour: Golden Brown
Eye Colour: Hazel
Build: Muscular

Ah, so it seems Calum's gotten himself a bigger sub than what's expected -but that shouldn't come as a surprise given the boys conflicted identity. Attached is a headshot and despite it being just as horrendous as any other photo the government has of you, he could still tell that Ashton was gorgeous.

Perhaps sooner than he would've liked, Alec is pulling up outside the DFD building and wishing Calum luck for whatever's in store for him.
"Calum Hood, here to see Elyse. We spoke on the phone."
"I'm Elyse, lovely to meet you. Right this way."

A/N: hi all! This chapter is shorter than I thought it was but anyway I hope you enjoyed it and there will be another update this weekend. This fic is coming along so well and I love that.

Tell me what you think, vote, comment, share, follow me here and on twitter @ _Grace_Williams and all the rest of it thanks a ton I love you all

-Grace Williams xo