Prologue

HEAVEN
2009
ALTERNATE UNIVERSE

"No Micheal, it is not our way," many of the angels state, but their opinion meant nothing to him. They knew he was superior, they knew he was powerful and they knew he was righteous.

"I am aware of this zariel," Micheal taps his vessels foot impatiently, "but very soon the final seal will be broken and Lilith will fall-"

"And Lucifer's wrath will be released onto the world once again," Raphael finishes, appearing by his brothers side, a nod in support for his cause.

Micheal could taste the fear from the other angels, just from the mention of Lucifers name. If they were scared now, their fear would corrupt them once he was released upon the world.

"What about the blade, is it truly lost to the traitor?"A lower class angel intones, and Micheal turns his sharp gaze to a group of Cupids. He did not know their names, for he had never interrogated with the weakest examples of the breed.

"Yes," Micheal answers, the confirmation of the biggest rumour spreading gasps between the angels like hellfire. By now, every angel in heaven and on Earth had heard the rumour of Gabriel, the archangel who manipulated Raphael and escaped heaven with the archangel blade. Only to fall off the face of the earth.

Gabriel had despised the idea of the apocalypse so much that he attempted to stop the fight between his brothers, loving them both too much to lose one. Instead, he stole the one weapon in existence that could end Lucifer, resulting in a war between them that would be neverending. He thought he was doing good when all he caused was an endless war between good and evil.

Two indestructible beings pitted against each other until the end of time itself. Whatever got in the way would be obliterated, angel or not.

Heaven needed to act fast while they still had the upper hand. They could feel the power surge in hell every time the demons Meg, Tom and Azazel broke a seal.

"Micheal, do you really think this is going to work?" Metatron suggests, a hint of mischief in his eye. "A nephilim child? Do you think your father would agree to this?" He raises an eyebrow,

   "I think not."

"Our father is currently vacant Metatron," Micheal turns to him, unhappy as his vessel begins to heat. He would soon need another, and found that he was burning through them at a quicker rate as the apocalypse approached. "Do you have any other suggestions as to how we destroy the snake?" He glares at him. What right did he have to talk about his father in such a knowing tone when Metatron meant nothing to him, nothing more than a useless scribe.

"You are sure that the combined forces of yourself and Raphael cannot defeat him and the Antichrist?" Castiel sighs, and Micheal nodds in response.

"Then Heaven will assist you in any way we can-" He is interrupted by the infamous red headed angel.

"No we will not, I refuse to be apart of this, it is not our way and these laws were placed so we wouldn't be forced to cause another mass slaughter," Anna shouts as she stands up, ready to face off against Micheal. "We are supposed to protect the humans."

"If we do not defeat the snake then there will be no humans to watch, heaven will crumble without an income of souls and those who are left on earth will become demons or monsters, the universe will collapse on itself." Castiel argues back, angel blade ready to kill. "Some human souls are expendable."

Micheal was impressed with Castiel's loyalty, he'd always been a strong warrior who knew his place in the realm of heaven. He would aid his cause very well.

"Enough," Raphael announces, placing his hands behind his vessels back. "The only being left in the universe with enough power to destroy Lucifer is our father, and he had his chance to kill Lucifer but instead he chose to put him in his cage until my brother was ready to slay him. It has been this way since the beginning of time. It is prophecy!" He finishes, turning to face his brother.

    "What about the darkness," Zachariah suggests, and many angels converse amongst themselves.
"She's a myth, a bedtime story," Uriel laughs,"what good would something that doesn't exist be to this war."

"We are loosing this war before it's even begun," Micheal announces ignoring Zachariah's suggestion. The darkness may have been the only monster worse than Lucifer, releasing her would release destruction itself.

   "Azazel opened the gates to hell and since then it has been chaos, the demons have been running chaos waiting on their king, it needs to end." Raphael argues, striking fear into the other angels.

"A nephilim of my blood will be born to the humans world, and they will use their power to defeat Lucifer as it was willed from the start of time." Michael fights, "the nephilim will assist us in Lucifers destruction and help bring the world into a new dawn."

"Heavens personal archangel blade," He finishes as he leaves the rioted room. Whether his plan would work or not, he was unsure. But what he did know was that he would gain the power he deserved...no matter the cost.

    Flying down to earth he landed in a desolate wasteland of sand, the demons already beginning to take over in preparation for their king. From there was when he saw her, the beginning of his reign. And before the day was done, the countdown until his child was born had begun.