Chapter Twenty-One

"There was a time, I met a girl of a different kind
We ruled the world,
Thought I'll never lose her out of sight "
━━━━━ ◦ ✩ ◦ ━━━━━

Dean listened as the clink of high heels made their way down the bunker stairs. On hearing them, both Sam and Dean watched as Rowena descended the stairs, a bag in her hand and her sunglasses in the other.

"Hello boys." She announced with a smug smile on her face.

Sam wasted no time getting up to hug their ally, for even though they had a rough start with the witch it had admirably turned into a solid friendship. "Thank you for coming," Sam thanked as he hugged the small woman.

"Really?" Deans face was stern, "you brought in Rowena to save that monster?"

"Yeah I did Dean, we're not giving up on her yet." Sam sighed as he led Rowena to where Mali was lying, there, Gabriel waited with his vile of grace to help save her life.

Rowena was taken aback as she got at a look of the girl on the bed, a child of an archangel. Rowena couldn't even begin to imagine the amount of power the girl had in her fingertips but her faint skin and sunken eyes proved that the balance of nature was fair and true. Anything born into the world could die.

"She isn't looking too good," Gabriel sighed as he stood up. "You're the expert," he smiled to Rowena, a little more than gratitude behind it, "do you think this could save her?"

   Rowena gently took the vile from Gabriel, a bright gleam in her purple eyes as she looked him up and down. "Well I'm no expert," the witch spoke modestly, "everytime the boys need me to do something they outdo themselves...a nephilim girl...really Sam? Didn't you have a boy running around here somewhere too? Are you running a daycare for supernatural beings that can end the world with one sneeze?"

"Rowena...please," Sam begged, and the witch was less harsh with her words as made her way closer to the girl.

"Isn't this the vile you wanted me to use to open the rift to fetch mommy?" She asked, and Castiel nodded .

"Yes," the angel confirmed, "it is."

"Alright I'll see what I can do," Rowena nodded as she walked out of the room to grab her bags. She for some stupid reason always found herself helping them out, she didn't need too...she'd stolen from her own family without caring - she tried to kill her son countless times. But the Winchester's seemed different, Sam was kind and gentle whereas Dean was strong and smart.

Opening her bag, both Dean and a blonde girl watched as she started removing her ingredients, their faces becoming more confused as she emptied her bag out onto the table in front of them.

"Who's she?" Jo turned to Dean and Rowena couldn't help but smile at the younger girl who twirled a blade in her hand, clearly a huntress.

"Rowena MacLeod, powerful witch and mother of the former King of Hell," she extended her hand to the blonde girl who smiled and shook it back. "What King of Hell?" The huntress asked, the more time spent in this world the quicker she learned that it may have shared the same past as her once, but their present was very different from hers.

  "Crowley," Dean confirmed, "was one of Liliths bitches back in the day before Sam...before she died." Dean quickly changed, taking a sip of his beer. He tried to pretend like he didn't know why Rowena was there, but it was fairly obvious Sam had brought her here to save the Malignant. The girl was as good as dead though, and with no knowledge of how to save her she didn't stand a chance.

"You didn't know of him?" The redhead questioned, placing a hand on her hip as she stared at the girl completely surprised. She may have tried to kill Fergus many times, but at the end of the day he was her son and she had respect and love for him in her dark heart.