Chapter Ten

"I am so high. I can hear heaven
Oh but heaven, no heaven don't hear me.
━━━━━━━━━━

The two strangers walked for what felt like hours, Mali was exhausted, and with each step felt the heat of the burning sun ignite her guilt. She shouldn't have left Jack and Mary behind, she couldn't even imagine what her father was doing to him.

And it was all her fault, she didn't know he was going to be tortured, Mali thought he'd just open the rift and then he'd be killed plain and simple. Something she envied, if she could be killed the girl would've considered it a gift.

    "Have you got a name?" Jo asked her as they walked up a sandy dune, the young girl's presence felt strongly familiar, but she was innocent and young. The only people Jo concerned herself with over the last few years were the vessels of angels she hunted herself.

"Mali," The girl answered softly, it pained her to say for it was Jack who gave her it in the first place. The girl hated the deserting feeling she had, her father was done with her, Jack felt betrayed by her and the Winchester's were in a whole other world.

"I have to go back," Mali firmly stared, stopping in her tracks. "I wont let Micheal hurt them," she sighed, they were the only people she had left, the only people that would even consider tolerating her.

"Micheal?" Jo questioned, "and what the hell is he doing on earth and how do you know about it?"

Jo then brought out her angel blade from its pouch and held it to the girl's neck, how could she have been so stupid, the angels were ruthless. It shouldn't have surprised her that they would stoop low enough the take kids as vessels. They'd manipulate them, trick them into saying yes and walk them straight into the human camps.

"I'm not an angel," the young girl said painfully, for she knew it was the truth...she wasn't an angel, she never had been.

"Then how do you know where Micheal is, if he's around then so is his pet nephilim,"Jo worried, her bottom lip almost seeming to quiver, "and if she's around then we're all dead,"

   Mali could see the hurt in the girls eyes as she spoke, she'd taken something from her, but then, Mali had taken everything from everyone.

    "What happened?" Mali barely whispered, "what did she do?"

   The blonde then sighed as she turned to her, surprised that the girl didn't know, The Malignant had destroyed everything, she was the reason their world was the way it was. The whole world witnessed the day everything changed, when the world went to crap.

   "Lucifer got out of his cage, after some human with demon blood broke the last seal and demons ran rampage everywhere, humans were being raped and slaughtered by them, they possessed whoever they could and created a coordinated attack on all life. It was catastrophic."

   "And then Lucifer rose in a bright light, a beacon that was sent into the sky during the night, every hunter was on high alarm, no one knew what to do, but it didn't matter because we thought we were safe."

    "In a bright flash of light the angels came down from heaven," Jo's face turned sour. "They were magnificent, Raphael and Micheal were side by side as they rode down on their stallions, trumpets sounding as his army had arrived."

   "From the ground everyone began to cheer, we knew we would be okay, the angels were on our side, our saviours." Her eyes threatened to tear up but Jo refused to let them. "Our hope."

   "I didn't believe in angels until that day, they'd remained hidden for thousands of years but I was so wrong about them." She sighed.

    "Micheal and Lucifer fought in the skies for hours, but they weren't inflicting pain on each other, they seemed to balance each other perfectly." Jo stopped completely, unsure if she could even continue.